2.4L project[Gury40yrs]mITX+ryzen2 2700X+RTX2070,12cm thin case fan

guryhwa

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
G-Unique
Dec 23, 2016
it is from the idea of my previos 2.5L build:

compare to Deskmini GTX:

the internal structure,use a big 12cm/14cm thin case fan to cool the big skiving copper cpu heatsink:

the prototype is 2.5L,now i go further to break my limit to 2.4L.it is smaller than an A4 paper:

step by step:
the upper case,where the Noctua A12x15 fan ismounted:

the lower case,whew MB in mounted:

prepare the MB's hardware and G-flex pcie cable:

fasten the MB to the case:

mount the special rear IO onto the RTX2070 vga:

and install the vga to the case too:

install the inner front frame:

the rear panel ,and the cover:

it is finished:

side view:

its thickness is less than 48mm:

final view:
it is smallest ITX case i ever made~happy with the G40yrs project~

and gigabyte tell the 350AB itx board could support newest ryzen by upgrade the bios:

Last edited:

Instran0

Master of Cramming
May 31, 2017
reserved for Q&A
case is open to order,custom to mb and vga ,and com with a slim 400watts brick which size is 16.5cm x 9cm x 2cm

please identify the exact heatsink & cooler, & where to buy it.

please provide exact dimensions in millimeters, of this case.

Reactions: YellowEmpire

BertongBantot

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jan 6, 2018
I don't seem to see where the Pico PSU is in this particular case?
Also, can you please identify the exact heatsink & cooler?
Are you going to sell the case along with the Pico PSU and Power brick?

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
Gury you madman - that's insane!

Do you have any pictures with it all wired up to show the Pico PSU being used?

Next step for you is to keep it the same time with a fully internal PSU kappa

thewizzard1

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 27, 2017
it’s a hoax such a large power supply could not fit there and even with a cooler of 120 in the photo on the side you can see that the power connector does not cost anything
and this heatsink on the processor will not dissipate so much heat

Sancho - The power supply is indeed external, like a laptop. The internal DC-DC PSU is what Gury is using in addition to the external AC-DC power brick. Gury actually designs them :) Second to that - I'm positive the case will dissipate the heat from a 65W processor happily, but from what numbers do you make your accusations? Solid copper is surprisingly effective, with sufficient airflow.

thewizzard1

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 27, 2017
Gury makes and uses a pico-PSU style DC:DC supply, which is MUCH smaller than the HDPLEX unit.
this is a video showing off a SFF PC using his power supply, and he rates them up to 400W - The motherboard uses less, for sure, but the video card can suck down the rest of that external 12V DC power, approaching (but not necessarily using all of) 400W.

They don't use solid copper radiators on the video card due to weight of them - Solid copper is HEAVY! :) Heat pipes are the way to go, but thermal mass (weight) can bridge the gap in some systems, with sufficient airflow, which Gury here certainly has.

While it is entirely possible the 65W envelope processors consume 100W+ (which I do not argue at all), with thermal throttling and a normal use case (i.e. not 100% use, or synthetics), cooling one of those with a SFF heatsink is proven.

Lastly, the video card and processor have their own cold intakes - Little to no air is recirculated hot inside the case, it's all passed through. The processor and video card each have their own oversized open mesh immediately over their respective fans.