Log 1ST SFF BUILD - PART RECOMMENDATIONS FOR ARTESIAN BUILD'S PLUTO OR RAZER TOMAHAWK!!!

pieroxnightmare

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Jun 23, 2024
This is my first post and first build on SFF.Network. I'm posting on here just to log my first venture into the pc building world.
I've been doing a lot of research this year before purchasing pieces for my build.
This is what I've compiled thus far:
Case: Artesian Builds - Pluto OR Razer Tomahawk ITX
Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 7950x3D
Motherboard: Still looking for an X670e that'll fit, but so far I have this Asus ROG Strix B650E-I
*If you know of an X670 that'll fit into any of these cases, please let me know.
GPU: Powercolor Hellhound AMD Radeon 7900 XTX OR Asrock Phantom Gaming AMD Radeon 7900 XTX
SSD: Corsair MP600 CORE XT CSSD-F2000GBMP600CXT - 2 TB
HDD: Seagate 7200 RPM 256 MB Cache - 4 TB
RAM: VCOLOR DDR5 6600 - 32 GB
Cooling: CORSAIR H150i ELITE LCD XT White - XT Liquid CPU Cooler
PSU: Asus ROG Strix WHITE - 850W - 80 PLUS GOLD CERTIFIED
If anyone has any comments or any part recommendations, I'm open to suggestions. This build should come together in October, so until then, I'm still looking to make changes!
:) Take care
- P

HWI

Average Stuffer
Sep 6, 2022
I can't help you with anything associated with the cases, I have no experience with them, but I would like to make a couple suggestions.
-Save some money on RAM and go with DDR5 6000, you won't see any performance gain from 6600 on ZEN 4.
-If your budget can support it then I would change that 4TB HDD out for a SSD. The cost is worth the increase in speed even if it's a 2.5 and not a 2280 imo.
-I know that H150i uses a 360mm rad, not many SFF cases support 360mm rads. Make sure it fits whatever case you choose.

RAAM

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 24, 2024
Sounds like a great system and I agree with HWI.

Take a look into a 280mm radiator, only around 5% less surface area than a 360mm one and bigger fans are usually quieter though have a bit less static pressure. 280mm is much easier to fit into an SFF case, two of use are building our systems here right now with that size in the Lian Li A4 H20, some custom effort involved, other cases should be available with a bit less effort or drop right in though I have not looked into that I am sure the info is on the site here.

Rick

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Apr 4, 2016
This is my first post and first build on SFF.Network. I'm posting on here just to log my first venture into the pc building world.
I've been doing a lot of research this year before purchasing pieces for my build.
This is what I've compiled thus far:
Case: Artesian Builds - Pluto OR Razer Tomahawk ITX
Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 7950x3D
Motherboard: Still looking for an X670e that'll fit, but so far I have this Asus ROG Strix B650E-I
*If you know of an X670 that'll fit into any of these cases, please let me know.
GPU: Powercolor Hellhound AMD Radeon 7900 XTX OR Asrock Phantom Gaming AMD Radeon 7900 XTX
SSD: Corsair MP600 CORE XT CSSD-F2000GBMP600CXT - 2 TB
HDD: Seagate 7200 RPM 256 MB Cache - 4 TB
RAM: VCOLOR DDR5 6600 - 32 GB
Cooling: CORSAIR H150i ELITE LCD XT White - XT Liquid CPU Cooler
PSU: Asus ROG Strix WHITE - 850W - 80 PLUS GOLD CERTIFIED
If anyone has any comments or any part recommendations, I'm open to suggestions. This build should come together in October, so until then, I'm still looking to make changes!
:) Take care
- P

Welcome on board @pieroxnightmare !

I generally also agree with what HWI mentioned, except for the HDD part. As an HDD user, I think it's totally OK to use mechanical drive to store non-critical data where longer load time is acceptable.

In the meantime, please take a moment to read our forum's terms, conditions and rules. It is especially important to read them if you are wanting to buy or sell, as the information you need to gain access to that subforum is all in there.

Also, as part of our community moderation efforts, we don't let new users edit posts or links for a bit, so report your post using the "report" button if you need it deleted/modified (or just post something like "sorry double post above" or "the above post is wrong, here's the updated one:... "). The forum staffs will help you from there.

The report button is also useful if you observe spam or any other suspicious activities going on.

Have fun!