~16L mATX build in Spire Powercube 715

Mtthwmths

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Jan 24, 2018
Story:
Last year, I modded a Spire Powercube 715 case to fit my Cooler Master N200 build. This is the one that started me off looking for smaller and smaller builds, and since then I've learned a LOT from everyone here and other communities online.

Parts List:
pcpartpicker

Issues:
I didn't have much success undervolting my Ryzen 5 1400, and I'll have to undo my build to really figure out why. For these reasons it's just sitting stock everything for now. I had a hard time getting exact measurements for max gpu length when I was buying the case, but seeing as my card is 255 and it's super snug I'm gonna go with a conservative 256. :p

Conclusion:
The powercube is a super cheap case that was fun to work in, and I'd recommend it to anyone who wants to build mATX with a semi-full size gpu. I'm glad I built it, and I'm excited to build something even smaller next time! :D

*I'm going to link my old imgur album, but there have been some updates since then I hope to have uploaded this evening.

Reactions: dealda and Phuncz

Mtthwmths

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Jan 24, 2018
Here are some more recent pictures. I ended up flipping the top fans from exhaust to intake, put some rubber washers on the hdd and fan screws, and added some dust filters.

Reactions: dealda and confusis

Mtthwmths

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Jan 24, 2018
I've also gutted an mITX cube to fit mATX hardware.

That was a snug fit for the CPU Cooler! I agree with you on the 3.5" support messing up a good case. I could remove the big bulky plastic piece on the front without my 3.5, since I could fit my fan inside the case!

Reactions: Phuncz