Power Supply · ZF240 Fanless []240W[] ZeroFlex PSU

Extol 3D

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Nov 17, 2019
Hello to everyone, I decided to create an account as I am digging this forum quite a while now and seems a great community backing immersive skills on SFF builts.

So I need to power my pFsense [VGAless] box and I need some guidance if you kind sirs may provide.
I am currently looking at ZF240 which I can not find anywhere reviewed or dissasembled if only a picture as seen on techpowerup.com forums.
At demensions of 139 x 86 x 47(LxWxH) we are looking at ~0.56L which is pretty solid.
They also mention 94% efficiency at 240w fanless.

Anyone here as an experience with this certain unit?
Any input is highly appreciated.

Again, Glad to be here folks! = ]

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Pretty uncommon unit.

If you're just doing a pfsense box, why do you need that psu? It's not a flex unit and you'd be paying for compatibility with the streacom case.

You likely won't find anyone who has bought that one.

Stevo_

Master of Cramming
Jul 2, 2015
Hello to everyone, I decided to create an account as I am digging this forum quite a while now and seems a great community backing immersive skills on SFF builts.

So I need to power my pFsense [VGAless] box and I need some guidance if you kind sirs may provide.
I am currently looking at ZF240 which I can not find anywhere reviewed or dissasembled if only a picture as seen on techpowerup.com forums.
At demensions of 139 x 86 x 47(LxWxH) we are looking at ~0.56L which is pretty solid.
They also mention 94% efficiency at 240w fanless.

Anyone here as an experience with this certain unit?
Any input is highly appreciated.

Again, Glad to be here folks! = ]

Are you actually looking for a fanless flexatx?

Extol 3D

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Nov 17, 2019
Pretty uncommon unit.

If you're just doing a pfsense box, why do you need that psu? It's not a flex unit and you'd be paying for compatibility with the streacom case.

You likely won't find anyone who has bought that one.

After some days of reading you are totaly right my friend. So I was reading your 12v PSU guide and I figured I can make use of this great write up. I am no expert when it comes to electronics but I have a close friend who works as electronic engineer so he will help if I am to take this path of solution.

Now what I want to mention is that my Lian-Li PC-Q07B case is desinged for ATX but I do like to have motherboard clearanse and I consider using the top space which is given for CD-Drive (I will not use one). This is like 19x19x5cm so I have space for FlexATX / U1 etc. My built does not consume over 60 watt (I do not care for extra watt overhead except that means drop in efficiency which kinda always does under 30% load) so I am interested in a solution that provides top notch efficiency + quality components (my budget is up to ~140e). Right now I am looking at a Seasonic SS-350M1U + noctua fan or the PicoPSU + MeanWell solution. Whats your opinion on Cosel / TDK-Lambda PSUs? I live in Greece so I do am restricted when it comes to distributor choices.

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
Which cosel and tdk-lambda do you refer to?
There are also Delta 12v ac dc units which look very good and you can couple them with a pico psu.