Production ZS Cases - A4 OC V1 - Open Case - April Release

ZS-Cases

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Oct 21, 2020
zscases.com
ZS Cases is proud to announce our latest concept open case - ZS OC V1. Please watch this space for all future updates on this case. We are planning to have it go on sale in April 2021.

We are now waiting for the grey batch to finish production. Black and SIlver are completed. We will go live very soon.

ZS OC V1 Features/Spec:

Dim:
  • L: 203mm x W: 150mm (SFX PSU) x H: 373mm
  • L: 203mm x W: 175mm (ATX PSU) x H: 373mm
Color:
  • Black; Grey; Silver
Compatibility:
  • Motherboard: mini-ITX or DTX
  • PSU: SFX or SFX-L or ATX
  • Drivers: up to 3 x 2.5" (driver should be ≤10mm thickness & SFX PSU)
  • AIO: 120mm - 360mm in length
Unique feature:
  • Power switch at the top of the case
  • Motherboard & PSU I/O facing towards the rear
  • No length restriction on GPU
  • ATX PSU bracket included
  • AIO bracket included
  • Case handle design for easy manoeuvrability
  • PCIE 4.0 riser available

Last edited:

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Hi tinyitx,

a. Not bundled
b. Refer to point c.
c. Yes

For more info please refer to our product page.
Noting from the above product page (presumably that is for foreign buyers outside of China?), I see you can buy a 'PSU Cable Set'.
Is this cable set identical to the cable set listed in your Taobao store?
This one:-

ZS-Cases

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Oct 21, 2020
zscases.com
Noting from the above product page (presumably that is for foreign buyers outside of China?), I see you can buy a 'PSU Cable Set'.
Is this cable set identical to the cable set listed in your Taobao store?
This one:-
Yes they are identical but we can also offer black colour as an option.

heckinwoofer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 14, 2017
For the cable set:
1. Do you offer sleeved cables?
2. Can you make cables to length for Fractal Design ION+ 860W Platinum (ATX)?

And for the design, I agree with another post earlier about making grill openings to be larger/less restrictive, if still possible.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
It looks like the rad supporting 'frame' is made of acrylic? Maybe the current amount of openings vs solid ration is designed for strength purpose? If not, I would say, forget about making the openings larger. Just ditch all the grill openings for max airflow passing through. An example is shown in the sketch below. Maybe use a metallic construction (instead of acrylic) for better stiffness.

ZS-Cases

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Oct 21, 2020
zscases.com
For the cable set:
1. Do you offer sleeved cables?
2. Can you make cables to length for Fractal Design ION+ 860W Platinum (ATX)?

And for the design, I agree with another post earlier about making grill openings to be larger/less restrictive, if still possible.
Hi heckinwoofer,

No we currently do not offer sleeved cables. And we do not make cable to length for ATX PSU.

ZS-Cases

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Oct 21, 2020
zscases.com
It looks like the rad supporting 'frame' is made of acrylic? Maybe the current amount of openings vs solid ration is designed for strength purpose? If not, I would say, forget about making the openings larger. Just ditch all the grill openings for max airflow passing through. An example is shown in the sketch below. Maybe use a metallic construction (instead of acrylic) for better stiffness.

Hi tinyitx,

We definitely using aluminum for the whole case. I will check with designer and get back to you.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I see that you now have photos of the 1st production sample. 👍 Good!
Looking forward to see it on sale in Taobao.
Almost certain to order one.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
@ZS-Cases
Do you provide customer service only to foreign buyers or do you take care of domestic buyers (ie Taobao) too?

If latter, may I ask, is this ZS-OC still in 'pre-order' (预售) status? In Taobao product page, it says the pre-ordering has ended. I wonder if it is now in 'in stock' (现货) status?

ZS-Cases

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Oct 21, 2020
zscases.com
@ZS-Cases
Do you provide customer service only to foreign buyers or do you take care of domestic buyers (ie Taobao) too?

If latter, may I ask, is this ZS-OC still in 'pre-order' (预售) status? In Taobao product page, it says the pre-ordering has ended. I wonder if it is now in 'in stock' (现货) status?
Hi tinyitx, I only look after foreign buyers.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Just relocated my system to this ZS OC V1 today. I think there are only perhaps just a handful of people here ever shows some interest in an open case/frame. I will try to find time sometime this weekend to post a brief review of my build (with pics, of course) if someone is interested. So, anyone?

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
if someone is interested. So, anyone?
Me me me!

You know why I asked for that specific clearance before? 75mm is exactly the dimensions of the Optimus D5 res that I just got and assembled today. The only thing that's stopping me from getting this case right now is open case sucks at moving about - and I might have to move to a new flat in a month or so.

Last edited:
Reactions: tinyitx