Enclosure ZS Case question

aaaadrian

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Aug 18, 2020
Hi there, I recently purchased a ZS A4S V3 case and it arrived today! I spent the day putting the parts into it and was overall satisfied with the build quality. However, there are two issues that I'm facing:

1. the second fan of my GPU (I bought a PNY 4070 verto dual) is slightly rubbing the side panel when it's closed. It isn't stopping the fan from spinning entirely but makes a really loud noise. I tried to push the graphics card in and re-tighten the screws but it didn't work;
2. The screws for the top case fans aren't countersunk screws, and they seem to push the top panel up by maybe 1mm in the middle.

Are there any fixes for them? Thank you!

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Hi there, I recently purchased a ZS A4S V3 case and it arrived today! I spent the day putting the parts into it and was overall satisfied with the build quality. However, there are two issues that I'm facing:
Clicking into their name shows that the last time they came to this forum was 21st Sept 2021. This means they do not come here often and regularly. So, it is highly unlikely your post will be read by them.

Better contact them by other means.
a. Via their English website

b. Via Taobao/QQ (if you have an account)

c. If you ordered from Taobao thru an agent, contact them with the agent's help

d. Via Whatsapp for live chat
(reference:- https://zscases.com/blogs/news/live-chat-enabled?_pos=1&_sid=13748e624&_ss=r)

Edit#1
I do not have ZS A4S V3 but looking through the manual, I suggest:-

Solution to #1:- Your card is 41mm thick and so I suppose you are using 'Plate E', which allows 43mm clearance. It should work. If you find physical contact between one of the 2 GPU fans with the side panel, maybe the side panel is slightly warped? Should not be hard to find out. Put the side panel on a flat surface and a warped panel should be obvious. I think this is unlikely but you never know. Does that side panel slide down the grooves easily and smoothly?

If so, contact ZS for possible replacement?

Or, simply use 'Plate D' to allow more GPU clearance (47mm) from the side panel. This has an additional benefit to avoid/minimize turbulence noise generated by the GPU fans being so close to the side panel when you use 'Plate E'.

Last edited:

carlsmad

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Oct 8, 2023

1. the second fan of my GPU (I bought a PNY 4070 verto dual) is slightly rubbing the side panel when it's closed. It isn't stopping the fan from spinning entirely but makes a really loud noise. I tried to push the graphics card in and re-tighten the screws but it didn't work;
2. The screws for the top case fans aren't countersunk screws, and they seem to push the top panel up by maybe 1mm in the middle.

Are there any fixes for them? Thank you!
I think you should tape some rubber or foam near the second fan.