GPU Zotac GTX 1080 Mini

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
CONGRATS CUBAN!

It's not as expensive as it could be. I think I paid 650 for my budget 1080 when it launched and it had a garbage heatsink.

Cuban, do you have your MINI yet? What is your invoice number?

Reactions: CubanLegend

CubanLegend

Steely-Eyed NVFlash Man
Dec 23, 2016
smallformfactor.net
CONGRATS CUBAN!

It's not as expensive as it could be. I think I paid 650 for my budget 1080 when it launched and it had a garbage heatsink.

Cuban, do you have your MINI yet? What is your invoice number?
thanks @Josh | NFC wow now that you mention it, that price isn't so bad for a custom PCB 1080...

I have yet to receive my S4 Mini invoice yet actually. I remember I initially emailed you back in December 23, 2016 (email was entitled "MB/HT S4 Mini" in case you're wondering) sooo... I'm probably a few weeks out for my S4 invoice to be ready since there's probably a ton of people ahead of me in line, I've no problem waiting it out. Also my mobo, the ASUS z270i isnt even out yet, so I'm totally patiently chill and in no hurry. :)

If you'd like though... It would be an honor to send it to you so you can do a test fit in any of your S4 mini's or you could even make a video of how to fit it, like you did for the 1070 mini, I'd give you full right to take off the shroud and fans if that's what it takes to fit it inside. I can probably ask Amazon to change the shipping address so it might be in your hands by Feb 7th, since it is slated to arrive Feb2-7th according to Amazon, I'd even reimburse you to ship it back to me. So, let me know if you're down for that or if just pictures, measurements and videos from me will be enough. :D

Last edited:

RavenIII

Cable Smoosher
Jan 26, 2017
Zotac GTX 1080 Mini is actually in stock in Germany with a little bit better pricetag (even with horrible €23.00 / €30.00 delivery cost). Sadly, delivery isn't worldwide.

Edit: Every of 35 in stock just gone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phuncz

CubanLegend

Steely-Eyed NVFlash Man
Dec 23, 2016
smallformfactor.net
Personally I hope amazon gets their own stock so that they can set the price at the actual one of about 610-620 USD... it'd be great for the rest of this community after the few who of us took one for the team at the start to test the card for fitment in SFF cases, lol.

CubanLegend

Steely-Eyed NVFlash Man
Dec 23, 2016
smallformfactor.net
So I got the ZOTAC 1080 MINI when I got home today. Here's some video (both videos shot in a rushed manner with an iPhone6s, sorry) of me unboxing the 1080mini, and here's a video of a close up look at the 1080mini itself (especially the rear heatsink). It's been shipped off to @Josh | NFC and should arrive in his hands by next Wednesday, so he can play with it and make a more detailed fitment test on it with his S4 mini chassis, expect more in-depth fitment info in written and/or video form from him at some point in the near future.

Here's some pics I took of the card next to my old ASUS GTX 770 DCU2 and a 3.5inch HDD:

Here's the end of the card's heatsink up close, tried to get a pic as square as possible:

Here's the card sitting inside my current (and superold) gaming PC listed in my sig, for DOA testing:

And here's the packaging of the card after I packed the HDPLEX-300 and all it's wiring into the card's open spaces to ship to Josh:

So while it's on it's way to Josh now, lets hope it makes it there in one peice. AND LET US ALL PRAY THE FITMENT GODS look down upon us favorably! It would be amazing if this thing could be fitted into an S4 mini without modding the card, or with minimal modding.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Mine arrived today. Pretty beefy card for the size. Really nicely put together though. Looking forward to building with it.

Reactions: Soul_Est and cmyk78

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
This card is loud.

Is your card loud?

This one is. No wonder Bit-Tech said it ran so cool. The fans sound like they are really going at it even under idle.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Have you tried fiddling around with the fan profile yet? Also I haven't had a chance to use it yet and might not bother until my Strix Mobo shows up. Have you had a chance to measure how far the heatsink and the shroud both protrude through the hole at the front of the S4?