Zotac GTX 1060 in Inwin Chopin Mod Project

goose1969x

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Oct 3, 2018
Hi Community,

First post here, as well as first SFF Modding project. I recently snagged an Inwin Chopin and was looking to do an APU build. I got curious this morning about the Zotac 1060 Mini I had laying around and decided to see if I could fit it in the back side of the case.

My thinking here is that if you can get another mesh panel that is on the MOBO side you might be able to get the GPU to fit.
The Zotac 1060 nearly fits on the back side being too long by about 2mm. The primary reason it can't fit in I believe is because of the DVI port. Which leads to my first question, is it possible to remove the DVI port from this board?

My second question is about modding the heatsink/fan. As you would guess removing the fan shroud gives a bit more clearance, however I still need it slimmed down by about 3-5mm to be able to get the Mesh panel on. If anyone has some sage advice about modding these two elements it would be much appreciated. I assume it would be possible to replace the heatsink and fan, similar to the Chopin/1050 Ti project I saw not too long ago. If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

I have photos here:
Cheers!

-goose

Reactions: Phuncz

thewizzard1

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 27, 2017
@goose1969x Removing the DVI connector can be a pain, and can be dangerous to the health of the board. LinusTechTips has a quick video on it - It's messy!

For the fan/shroud, you can always adapt a standard fan of a thinner profile to the connector, and mount that to the mesh, with a long lead going to the card, and leave the fan/shroud off the card. Similar mounting solutions have worked for others in the past.