Air duct for Noctua NH-L9i in InWin Chopin

Kilrah

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Feb 20, 2017
Quick one, made a little 3D printed air duct to avoid hot air recirculation due to the bulge on the side panel of the InWin Chopin when using an L9i.
Haven't done any thorough before/after but I seem to be getting a good 10°C reduction in temps in my config, and also the overall system/case temp got lower.

JGP

Efficiency Noob
Jan 24, 2020
Looking good - Wish the Sentry 2.0 came with something like this. Excellent job.

Frenzy

Trash Compacter
Feb 14, 2020
Just did a HTPC build for a friend with Chopin and L9i, cool. Might get this.
I like the fact it doesnt need new screws, just slides over the fan frame.

crueltycalls

What's an ITX?
New User
Sep 29, 2021
hi there, is the STL file measured in milimeters or Inches? i dont know anything about 3d files or how to use them so i cant really check it myself, so i was going to get a 3d printing service to make me one but its asking if the model is in inches or milimeters and i have no idea how to figure this out 😅 sorry for bothering this thread seeing as its over a year dead at this point but i genuinely have no idea where to go for help on this.

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
hi there, is the STL file measured in milimeters or Inches? i dont know anything about 3d files or how to use them so i cant really check it myself, so i was going to get a 3d printing service to make me one but its asking if the model is in inches or milimeters and i have no idea how to figure this out 😅 sorry for bothering this thread seeing as its over a year dead at this point but i genuinely have no idea where to go for help on this.
Looks like millimetres - it was printed in the pics with

"Resolution:
0.2mm"

User @Kilrah Last seen Sep 23, 2020