Average Stuffer
Original poster
May 30, 2020
ing20211120 update :

The enhancements we have made for this product in the past few months:

1:Added a series of accessories and modules

SFX/ Bottom Fan brackets

2: Xproto-Mini Art base( By HAO studio)

3:Test the white electrophoresis process( It will also used in Xproto-N)

4: Building all new website system : xtia.design

In the past few months, XTIA has been busy building its own processing and logistics system to improve the ecology of the Xproto series(Release few modules and Xproto-N) .
At the same time, the XTIA Design team is also trying some new interesting layouts.
Here is it, Xproto-Mini

20210610 update :

Fist batch of Xproto-Mini only has a few sets left. Because of the increased price of raw materials, the Xproto-mini price might be adjusted a little bit.

XTIA Website: XTIA.COM.CN

20210817 update:

Xproto-mini Mesh U shell finally come
We provide a full black version too. You can buy the case that comes with FSP FX500G (500w full module Flex 1u PSU+ Cable for Xproto -mini )

GPU support up to 220mm

Need to buy extra 120 to 3.5 HDD bracket

Some images from clients

XprotoMini with 120AIO

with 3060/3070FE

XPROTO MINI VS XPROTO

Asus 3060ti Fx500g can support it well

About the possibility of Xproto -mini

Last edited:

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
WOW this Mini version is impressive! all the configuration and features, hope you port these back into future revisions of the other versions. On the other hand, the only thing I still don't like about the XPROTO series is how IO is at the top - that either forces me to buy all 90 degree adapters or accepts the cable mess coming out the top of the case. Thus my choice for the ZS OC v1 instead.

Other than that still really great case and series. Thank you for helping to make open SFF cases more popular!

Reactions: tinyitx

XTIA Design Studio

Average Stuffer
Original poster
May 30, 2020
WOW this Mini version is impressive! all the configuration and features, hope you port these back into future revisions of the other versions. On the other hand, the only thing I still don't like about the XPROTO series is how IO is at the top - that either forces me to buy all 90 degree adapters or accepts the cable mess coming out the top of the case. Thus my choice for the ZS OC v1 instead.

Other than that still really great case and series. Thank you for helping to make open SFF cases more popular!
We don't want to talk about ZS V1 which copies our butterfly structure ideas

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018

This is more or less how I feel about ZS OC v1 vs. Xproto.
Having the mobo IO pointing back and GPU IO pointing down are exactly why I prefer the former.
Aesthetically and feature wise, the 2 are different and each to its own.
BTW, I do not see how ZS OC v1 'copies' the so-called 'butterfly' structure. Is this kind of layout not simply putting an A4 sandwich layout (mobo+PSU on 1 side with the GPU on the other side) in a vertical position? As mentioned, I think the two IO directions (as well as other features like ZS OC's swing-open spine) makes these 2 open frames different enough. Anyway, I respect this is an Xproto Mini thread and so only a brief comparison is justified.

MrClippy

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 16, 2018
I'm also very interested in the mesh U-shell version. The fact that the X-proto mini has attachable shell and a carry handle really interests me the most about it.