Power Supply Xbox One Power Brick Plug Type

BrotherStein

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Nov 11, 2017
I picked up a G-Unique Type A really cheap second hand without a DC in wired up. I've been looking into different brick options and the minibox 192w looks pretty good. However, I was wondering if anyone had any success using a Xbox One brick (12v 16.5A ~220w). I have searched everywhere and I cannot find the type of plug it uses. Is it a special Microsoft Xbox specific plug?

rcodi

SFF Gamer
Aug 5, 2017
This is an interesting option, does anyone know if the wattage is higher on the One X brick? I've read that they're also gold certified units and that the One X chipset significantly bumped up the power requirements.

BrotherStein

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Nov 11, 2017
It’s always possible to buy a broken Xbox One on eBay or the like and just rip it out of there.

Not a bad idea. I think it's soldered to the board. (bottom left)

This is an interesting option, does anyone know if the wattage is higher on the One X brick? I've read that they're also gold certified units and that the One X chipset significantly bumped up the power requirements.

"However, to power the beefier components, the wattage has been upped to 245 watts from 120 watts."

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/06/xbox-one-x-scorpio-games-explainer-video/

It's an internal PSU. I'd be interested to see it.

Last edited:
Reactions: owliwar

rcodi

SFF Gamer
Aug 5, 2017

kulbida

Average Stuffer
Jan 8, 2018
Not a bad idea. I think it's soldered to the board. (bottom left)

"However, to power the beefier components, the wattage has been upped to 245 watts from 120 watts."

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/06/xbox-one-x-scorpio-games-explainer-video/

It's an internal PSU. I'd be interested to see it.

Looks like it's shown here, modular proprietary design it seems - doesn't look like it's worth the trouble to modify what a shame.

These both pertain to the Xbox One X which does not use a power brick.

Ben Heck has a teardown of the OG Xbox One. It is soldered to the board but could possibly be removed and rewired?

BrotherStein

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Nov 11, 2017
These both pertain to the Xbox One X which does not use a power brick.

Ben Heck has a teardown of the OG Xbox One. It is soldered to the board but could possibly be removed and rewired?

I'll keep an eye out for "for parts only" xbox one units. I would like to dig into one of these to see.