CPU X47 vs c7

MlonEusk

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Sep 27, 2021
Hi,
Which one would you recommend?
I've read that the mounting mechanism on the AXP90-X47 is awful, is it still the case?

Thanks

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
I can't comment on the AXP90 but I own a C7G and it's easy to mount. The bundled fan is awful though (loud), I've replaced it with a Noctua 90x14 (only the C7G comes with clips to mount 3rd parties fan ... 14 or 25mm thick).

HydrAxx747

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2021
AXP90-X47 Full Copper and AXP-90R Full Copper offer better performances than the Cryorig C7G, moreover the Cryorig C7G is really expensive because it is rarely found below 100usd so the two models from Thermalright are found in the 50 to 60usd maximum only.

Reactions: Phuncz

MlonEusk

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Sep 27, 2021
AXP90-X47 Full Copper and AXP-90R Full Copper offer better performances than the Cryorig C7G, moreover the Cryorig C7G is really expensive because it is rarely found below 100usd so the two models from Thermalright are found in the 50 to 60usd maximum only.
How about the mounting mechanism? Will it have a problem in a sandwich case?

HydrAxx747

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2021
AXP90 X47 has 4 versions:- standard, full cooper, black (graphene), white.
The most efficient version remains the "Full Copper" version with its 520g of weight and the three other remaining versions are much less efficient with their 310g, moreover the "White" and "Black" versions simply use paints known as without thermal restrictions. as has been done with many brands for years, so it is not Graphene coated paint that is applied to the "Black" version. The only low-profile heatsink that uses Graphene coated paint is the Cryorig C7G.

Reactions: tinyitx

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
The most efficient version remains the "Full Copper" version with its 520g of weight and the three other remaining versions are much less efficient with their 310g, moreover the "White" and "Black" versions simply use paints known as without thermal restrictions. as has been done with many brands for years, so it is not Graphene coated paint that is applied to the "Black" version. The only low-profile heatsink that uses Graphene coated paint is the Cryorig C7G.
From what I have seen, even a correctly applied true graphene coating only provides a couple degrees benefit, which is not really that much of a thermal deal.
I think, the chief benefit of such a coating is to get a black look, which is visually important to match someone's rig theme.

And, I have taken the liberty to amend ''The most efficient version remains the "Full Copper" version...'' to ''The most efficient and sexy version remains the "Full Copper" version....''😁

Merfus

What's an ITX?
New User
Oct 22, 2021
I tested these coolers at 8700k 1.25v 4.7GHz. Open stand and room temperature 25C. I ran prime95 without avx for 10 minutes and got the following results: c7g - 97C, axp90 - 92C.
Therefore, I recommend buying the axp90-47 full back (copper + nickel), it is cheaper and more powerful.
moreover the "White" and "Black" versions simply use paints known as without thermal restrictions. as has been done with many brands for years, so it is not Graphene coated paint that is applied to the "Black" version
It has two black versions in aluminum and copper:
http://thermalright-china.com/product/axp90-x47-black/ 310 г
http://thermalright-china.com/product/axp90-full-black/ 490 г
I can't comment on the AXP90 but I own a C7G and it's easy to mount. The bundled fan is awful though (loud), I've replaced it with a Noctua 90x14 (only the C7G comes with clips to mount 3rd parties fan ... 14 or 25mm thick).
I tested the c7g with a Noctua 92 fan and it gives a couple of degrees more with it.

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
I tested the c7g with a Noctua 92 fan and it gives a couple of degrees more with it.

I'm running a 35W CPU so that shouldn't make much of a difference. Also, the stock fan noise is horrible and the Asus Z490-I is so cramped around the CPU socket that I couldn't clip the stock fan on the heatsink ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ .... no space between RAM / heatsink and IO shroud / heatsink ... and I can't rotate the C7G, mounting hardware conflicts with the VRM heatsink :|

• Love
Reactions: Phuncz