Log Sunmilo S02: 6L with EVGA 3060Ti XC

morj

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Bronze Supporter
Feb 11, 2020
Hello everyone!

Finally completed the build combining some new and some old components in the Sunmilo S02
Such a change of pace after a couple of heavy customized scratch-built cases of mine!

I bought the case here from a forum member, never seen any builds in it except one bilibili video (even though the case is released a year ago).
  • i7-8700K
  • 32GB RAM
  • Thermalright AXP90-X47 FULL on CPU
  • EVGA 3060Ti XC
  • Black Enhance ENP7660B 600W PSU
  • Dual NF-A9x14 PWM chromax for the exhaust
  • ADT-Link Gen. 4.0 riser bought separately for forward compatibility (R33UF-TU-BK-4.0, 185mm)
Nice and quiet, I really like how the fins both on CPU and the GPU have aligned so that the exhaust fans can really pull the air through. Prime95 and FurMark temps are fine, gaming temps are great. What else can be said... Of course can do some more testing if you are interested, but the cooling seems to be very good balanced.

Attempted to do a nice photoshoot for more Internet points :)

The cable management was surprisingly easy. One thing that could be improved is the second exhaust fan connector, maybe need some additional extension cable to mitigate it.

The AXP-90 X47 FULL BACK (sic!) cooler is a great fit for this build, no problem cooling the i7-8700K. Granted, it reaches 90° after a prolonged Prime95 test, but in gaming and idle it's OK and I don't think I would change it for, say, the Black Ridge, since then I would lose the ability to use tall RAM modules and the assembly would be more tedious.

Also I really like that the fins can be oriented upwards on the Intel motherboards which helps with direct air exhaust.

Bonus pictures:

The bottom of the case is completely closed-off, hence I've placed the PSU with the vents facing up.

morj

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Bronze Supporter
Feb 11, 2020
Even with a Flex ATX PSU?

You can hear the fan, of course, but it's quiet. Not inaudible, unfortunately. The fan on this model doesn't spin up until 400W which is not reachable with 200W GPU and 110W CPU.

Reactions: BaK

morj

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Bronze Supporter
Feb 11, 2020
Hate to be that guy, but I'm guessing the anticipated owner bailed because the price is freaking batshit, even accounting for the price of the GPU?

I'm seeing around €750 worth of components sans gpu, so €1100 for a 3060Ti?

No worries, I went through a lot of trouble while getting all of this stuff, especially the PSU. Probably, I need to adjust the price, you are right. Dropped a 150€, and I'm prepared for discussion. That's why "or your reasonable offer". Probably, it might be better to discuss the price in the "Selling" thread though. And FYI the original guy bailed before I even came up with a price.

EDIT: according to my calculations it's 920€ for the rest of the components, so 780€ (or best offer) looks more reasonable now for the GPU, right? Should I go down another 30€, it will be 750€ for the GPU which is below the market.

Last edited:

morj

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Bronze Supporter
Feb 11, 2020
@Gilles3000 I've never actually sold completed builds before, so I'm not sure how to properly estimate the price. At some point it's better to sell individual components, as far as I can see. But on the other hand it's a shame that a balanced build must be taken apart...

Gilles3000

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 6, 2018
No worries, I went through a lot of trouble while getting all of this stuff, especially the PSU. Probably, I need to adjust the price, you are right. Dropped a 150€, and I'm prepared for discussion. That's why "or your reasonable offer". Probably, it might be better to discuss the price in the "Selling" thread though. And FYI the original guy bailed before I even came up with a price.

EDIT: according to my calculations it's 920€ for the rest of the components, so 780€ (or best offer) looks more reasonable now for the GPU, right? Should I go down another 30€, it will be 750€ for the GPU which is below the market.

Sorry my post was a bit flamey, was taking out some unrelated frustration. My bad.

In my experience, its generally expected to ask a fair price on enthousiast forums, and buyers are expected to make a fair offer as well. Its a different story if you were selling this on a more general classifieds website.

I've been buying and selling components/systems on the used marked for about 10 years now, so I think I've got a decent grasp on the resale value.

I'd say €800 is a fair-ish ask for the GPU, that's what new ones go for, like this one is in stock.

Imo you're slightly over valuating your other components but €1700 is a reasonable-ish asking price is there's slight room for negotiating.

@Gilles3000 I've never actually sold completed builds before, so I'm not sure how to properly estimate the price. At some point it's better to sell individual components, as far as I can see. But on the other hand it's a shame that a balanced build must be taken apart...

Selling completed builds is a mixed bag, in my experience they're less profitable and more trouble, as buyers the to expect support. But they save a lot of time and effort as you only have to sell and ship a single item, no disassembly either.

One exception is selling gamery builds aimed at younger buyers or ignorant parents, those are very profitable, but imo is kind of a scummy tactic.

Reactions: morj

morj

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Bronze Supporter
Feb 11, 2020
Sold the GPU separately, so the build will be dismantled, sad.

If anyone is interested in the case+riser in EU, message me (maybe @BaK?).

Reactions: sarlas9