Concept Why has no one made a titanium case?

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Elasticity isn't flexibility, those two are completely different physical properties:

Wikipedia on elasticity: In Physics, elasticity is the ability of a body to resist a distorting influence and to return to its original size and shape when that influence or force is removed.

Wikipedia on flexbility: Stiffness is the extent to which an object resists deformation in response to an applied force. The complementary concept is flexibility or pliability: the more flexible an object is, the less stiff it is.

Reactions: SFF EOL

SFF EOL

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 9, 2018
Elasticity isn't flexibility, those two are completely different physical properties:

Wikipedia on elasticity: In Physics, elasticity is the ability of a body to resist a distorting influence and to return to its original size and shape when that influence or force is removed.

Wikipedia on flexbility: Stiffness is the extent to which an object resists deformation in response to an applied force. The complementary concept is flexibility or pliability: the more flexible an object is, the less stiff it is.
I see, so it would be a good thing in that 'case'.

ETA:

So this is connected to ‘memory’? I remember doing that in engineering in high school (so 15 years old). It was concerning plastics where a thermo plastic would melt back to close to its original form when heated? I forget the correct terms, there was thermo-setting plastic, so not that one.

We did ‘experiments’ with vacuum formed plastics, which were really just heated flat sheets that eturned to sort of flat sheets if reheated.

If something has good elasticity it will resist that (I realise we wouldn’t be heating our PC cases to the temperatures required)?

On a simliar level if the side panel gets kicked (more likely with my builds) the panel is less likely to dent and would be easier to pull/push back to its original shape?

Last edited: