GPU Where to get LP GTX950???

tryingtobebest

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Oct 29, 2016
Hello, everyone this is my first post and im glad after a 6 hour search of particular card i found this forum! I am from Canada and i am a forum guy but mostly on a real hardware side - cars, i can clearly represent myself by post #1 in THIS thread!)))

Now to the question: I build slim profile system a year and a half ago and now when Mafia 3 is out i gotta play it!
My case is SILVERSTONE ML03 (you all probably know the specs of it) and im looking for the best LOW PROFILE card that i found exist and that might be out currently - GALAX GeForce GTX950 (discussed in this thread, back in September but all the links are obsolete already!(((
If anyone know where to get it in North America for a good price i would very much appreciate your help!

Last edited:

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
I might be willing to sell mine. I am in Victoria BC so shipping could be relatively low depending on where in Canada you are. I had to get mine shipped in from Japan. Let me know if you're interested.

Reactions: Soul_Est

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
I'm replacing it (most likely) with the new 1050ti SC from EVGA. I'd rather sell it while it's rare, desirable, and the price is comparable to what I paid for it.

tryingtobebest

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Oct 29, 2016
GTX 1050 Ti LP is SOOO tiny....)))

Fits perfectly in SILVERSTONE ML03 low profile case

(full name: MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti DirectX 12 GTX 1050 TI 4GT LP 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Video Card)

Now recomend me some good and quite 80mm fans!!!

Reactions: Phuncz and ricochet

SumGhai

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 14, 2016
I hear the noctua 80mm fans are quiet.

Love the build! Really looking forward to nabbing one of these for myself too

Reactions: ricochet

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
I had the MSI 750 Ti LP for a short time, and while not super annoying you could definitely notice the sound more than full-size GPU fans. These look to be the same, I guess.

tryingtobebest

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Oct 29, 2016
Thanks to all^!
NOW, im am not an expert and do it more as a hobby because i like to watch movies and youtube videos A LOT!)))
If anyone made it down here with reading, can you please elaborate with me about fan flow ( air circulation), i am a mechanic by trade but like to follow instructions by nature!!! There is absolutely no explanation of fan air direction anywhere on internet, the case manual only mention to install 2 side fans first then 2 middle...

In red is the flow of air currently, in green i quickly put up a configuration if i want to run 2 or 3 fans (explanation - air gets in around front panel goes through CPU and exits through (upper in the pic) back side fan
Not sure how is the flow of air around video card goes!(
If no reply i guess ill open up a new thread about - SILVERSTONE ML03 air circulation / air flow direction

zovc

King of Cable Management
Jan 5, 2017
Hey! Definitely check out JayzTwoCents' info on airflow. He has a ton of videos, but this visual "demo" one is a huge help.

Folks have asserted that airflow isn't very important, and for most people it won't be. But working in a SFF environment it's very easy for air to get trapped, stale, and warm. Given the small space, your wires look tidy and shouldn't be much of an issue.