GPU MSI 1050ti 4GT LP Bracket

Charlie22911

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Jan 29, 2018
Registered here to ask this as I think it’s my best shot at a solution (I mostly post @ Anandtech Forums).

I have a low profile MSI 1050ti 4GT LP with the low profile bracket installed, but need the full height bracket to use it. I’ve contacted MSI support and they only offer the low profile bracket for purchase, they kindly suggested I try ebay; that’s been a flop thus far.

Would anyone here happen to know where I could source a full height bracket? Ebay is a no go, and seeing how niche a request this is I doubt I’ll find one. If anyone needs a low profile bracket I’d be glad to send mine over in exchange even...

Mar 6, 2017
Adapters do exist but I can't find them anywhere:

You could also try making one yourself.

Charlie22911

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Jan 29, 2018
Adapters do exist but I can't find them anywhere:

You could also try making one yourself.

Awesome idea actually! Since I can buy another LP bracket this will work. I know it’s unrelated to SFF but since you gave me the idea I may as well update the post with results, thanks!

Also removed the stock shroud and dying cheapo sleeve bearing fans and replaced them with Delta parts. It ain’t pretty, but it’s good enough for the girls I go out with.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
It seems that MSI 1050ti Low Profile (4G and 2G versions) card comes with full height PCI bracket as standard, with a half height bracket included in the box as an option. So, your best bet is to find someone who has this card and has exchanged the original full height bracket with the half height and thus has the full height bracket sitting unused.

The fact that you come here probably means you already figure out that this someone most likely is someone who is using a small form factor solution and forum members here have a higher chance of fitting this profile.

To this regard, I suggest you also go to [H]ardforum and Overclock.net where there is separate forum for SFF and therefore, will have a higher chance of finding somebody having a full height bracket sitting around. Good luck.

Charlie22911

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Jan 29, 2018
Yes, they do come with them; I stupidly threw mine away I think though.

And yes, was hoping someone would toss one up in the FS-FT. That’s not to say I’m not a SFF enthusiast, my HTPC is a Silverstone FTZ01+6700k+1080ti; I plan to lurk a bit here now that I know this place is a thing though.

It’s probably been close to 15 years since I’ve been on those forums, I got it figured out though (see post #3). It seems moderators have to approve my posts so it probably isn’t visible thanks to my lack of tenure.

Anyways I appreciate the help! If I happen to stumble across one that’d be great but I’m up and running for now at least.

Mortis Angelus

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 22, 2017
Ebay is a no go, and seeing how niche a request this is I doubt I’ll find one. If anyone needs a low profile bracket I’d be glad to send mine over in exchange even...

May I ask why eBay is a no-go? It is pretty safe these days to buy from there.

I do have an extra full-size bracket laying around, but I'm not sure I want to sell it, as re-selling the GPU later on might become problematic without the full size bracket.

Charlie22911

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Jan 29, 2018
May I ask why eBay is a no-go? It is pretty safe these days to buy from there.

I do have an extra full-size bracket laying around, but I'm not sure I want to sell it, as re-selling the GPU later on might become problematic without the full size bracket.

I don’t mind using eBay, just wasn’t able to find one when I was looking.

And no worries, there has never been a better time to sell a card so I’d honestly keep all those accessories if I were you. I put this card in my unRAID server to passthrough to a VM for Steam game streaming, nothing requiring good looks so it’s fine. It was originally pulled from a Dell 7010 SFF + i7 3770 I refurbished.

Reactions: jtd871

Roadrunner79

What's an ITX?
New User
Sep 25, 2021
Registered here to ask this as I think it’s my best shot at a solution (I mostly post @ Anandtech Forums).

I have a low profile MSI 1050ti 4GT LP with the low profile bracket installed, but need the full height bracket to use it. I’ve contacted MSI support and they only offer the low profile bracket for purchase, they kindly suggested I try ebay; that’s been a flop thus far.

Would anyone here happen to know where I could source a full height bracket? Ebay is a no go, and seeing how niche a request this is I doubt I’ll find one. If anyone needs a low profile bracket I’d be glad to send mine over in exchange even...
Hi, I have a full height bracket that I am trying to trade for a low profile bracket. Do you still have the low profile bracket? I would love to trade or buy it from you. Thanks

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Hi, I have a full height bracket that I am trying to trade for a low profile bracket. Do you still have the low profile bracket? I would love to trade or buy it from you. Thanks

All: Please remember that we have a dedicated trade section, and that trading outside of this area is prohibited :)