Where to get custom cables done...

Pestilaence

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
May 10, 2018
Hey guys,
I'm going to be building in an NFC Skyreach S4, and just ordered an HDPLEX 400, but am curious where people get their custom cables from. I know that Josh from NFC has his Sky Wires, but he doesn't offer a SATA power cable, or a couple other things that I want. Is there a certain site, or seller that people have had good luck with, that offers custom length, sleeved cables? I wouldn't mind trying to make my own cables, but I don't really want to spend the time in trying to make sure that each and every wire goes to the correct socket in the plug.
Any help would be appreciated.

jmarin

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 8, 2018
I got mine through CableMod.com. Custom cables can be expensive, but they seemed to be fairly priced compared to a few other sites I looked at. They do charge $20 shipping/handling regardless of order size though so if you order from them, get your shipping money's worth and get everything you think you'll need.

Pestilaence

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
May 10, 2018
Thanks for the info man. I was hoping to get some custom length ones done, but I just found out that the HDPLEX 400 actually comes with a set of cables, which I wasn't aware of, so I'll just shorten those down to the length I need.

bledha

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 22, 2017
Thanks for the info man. I was hoping to get some custom length ones done, but I just found out that the HDPLEX 400 actually comes with a set of cables, which I wasn't aware of, so I'll just shorten those down to the length I need.

Good idea! if you want to read a bit more about what custom cables are out there, I wrote this article for SFFNetwork Community Reviews specifically about modDIY and their offereings, which were much more affordable than CableMod. Hope it's helpful!