Power Supply Where can I buy a Pico power supply or HDPlex PSU if i am not from the NA nor EU?

Lilbertz

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jun 10, 2020
Im an from SE Asia and HDPlex PSUs and some Pico PSU are unavailable or the shipping cost mosre than the product itself. I was planning to make a PS4 slim size PC and the power supply is the only one that is missing. Can anyoune suggest me where can I buy these PSUs?

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Unfortunately no.. I suggest you monitor some of your local computer stores or local forums for pre-loved unit.

Another alternative is 12v system, which you can easily get from AliExpress. Many of them offer free shipping, or at least relatively inexpensive shipping fee.

For the record I've been using such system. It's a Metalfish PSU kit consisting of 150w AC-DC brick and 160w DC-ATX direct plug unit. FYI the brick is pretty big tho.

So far so good, but then again, I can't say much as I have been using it only less than 6 months (it's my backup PC).

Edit: If you need extra wattage or brickless option, there are some forum members here offering such 12v systems. I remember 1 or 2 are located in Hong Kong. Probably cheaper shipping fee to SEA countries.

Edit 2: AliExpress also provide some 19.5v systems. Just head there & search to know more.

Reactions: Lilbertz and Bubba

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Im an from SE Asia and HDPlex PSUs and some Pico PSU are unavailable or the shipping cost mosre than the product itself. I was planning to make a PS4 slim size PC and the power supply is the only one that is missing. Can anyoune suggest me where can I buy these PSUs?

Not sure for what price range and wattage you are looking but I have some 600W GxR-ONE Plugins and 400W AC-DC bricks on stock. I'm shipping from Hong Kong. You can drop me a message if you are interested, then I can check shipping rates for you.

Reactions: Lilbertz and ignsvn

Lilbertz

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jun 10, 2020
Not sure for what price range and wattage you are looking but I have some 600W GxR-ONE Plugins and 400W AC-DC bricks on stock. I'm shipping from Hong Kong. You can drop me a message if you are interested, then I can check shipping rates for you.
I dont have an idea of what is the price of those PSUs but I am looking for a 300w or 400w(for upgradability) Pico PSU or something similar HDPlex
but I not yet buying yet as im just looking for PSU options for my SFF project on what components I will sacrifice in my plan for space.

Another alternative is 12v system, which you can easily get from AliExpress. Many of them offer free shipping, or at least relatively inexpensive shipping fee
Could you elaborate more about the 12v system? what keywords should i use to search for it?

Last edited by a moderator:

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
It's about the voltage required by the DC-ATX unit.

HDPlex is a 19.5 v system. It means the adapter (the AC-DC unit) will convert whatever voltage from your wall to output 19.5 v. The DC-ATX unit will then convert this down to 12 v (and 5 & 3.3 v). Pros: this is the same voltage like vast majority of laptops, which means you can find adapter easily (at least the lower wattage ones). Asrock DeskMini also use this voltage, if I remember correctly. Cons: there will be extra heat from voltage conversion from 19.5 to 12 v. This is the reason HDplex DC-ATX unit has that big overhang heatsink.

On a 12 v system, the adapter (AC-DC unit) will convert the wall voltage to 12 v instead. The DC-ATX unit will then convert this further to 5 and 3.3 v. Pros: there will be less heat at the DC-ATX unit, as majority of voltage conversions happen in the AC-DC unit. Cons: a bit harder to find adapter.

(I'm not an expert here so perhaps @REVOCCASES can correct me if I'm wrong)

I'm not sure about keyword.. when you search for Pico PSU or Nano PSU, check the voltage.

Last edited:

Lilbertz

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jun 10, 2020
AliExpress also provide some 19.5v systems
what kind of PSU are those? Are those PSUs look like HDPlex or the Pico PSU? Sorry, Im just new to these kind of PSUs, I just found out about it when I am looking for something smaller than a Flex PSU.