Other What would you like to see in a ITX case?

Quaddragon

Chassis Packer
Nov 11, 2020
PSU - ATX the SFX form factor is nice, but the penultimate power supply the SF750 is always out of stock.
CPU cooler - 100mm height - an L12S with a 25MM fan for a higher TDP.
GPU support 3 slot with at 20mm of room below for 15mm fans for air flow.
Storage support - None M.2 is all I need.
Design A preference for a Gen 4 riser card upgrade when they become available in the case of a sandwich layout.
Preferably between 10 and to 18 liters.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
PSU Support: SFX/SFX-L
CPU cooler support: 55mm (I only care about DDC pump + block combo nowadays)
GPU support: full 3 slots
Fan support: preferably 120x25, but 120x15 is also OK
Storage support: None, M.2 is where it's at
Size: (LxWxH): 10L or less
Materials: (aluminum,wood, or any other suggestions): aluminium for sure

Reactions: BeginningDetail

Walderstorn

Average Stuffer
Apr 29, 2018
PSU Support: ATX
CPU cooler support: air cooler height 160mm
GPU support: 3 slot + 320mm length
Fan support: 2x120
Storage support: None.
Size: (LxWxH): X
Materials: stainless steel or aluminum

Reactions: Spotswood

BeginningDetail

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Nov 23, 2020
I would be curious to see the smallest case able to support 240mm rad, the main objective should be to have it available, most of sff cases are difficult to get a hold of

jaeparku

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 19, 2018
With a sea of water-cooled itx cases, I just want to see a few air-cooling specializing cases.

An N-case M1 alternative that has the build quality of a Ghost S1 / Form T1 would be my dream...

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Sep 24, 2020
With a sea of water-cooled itx cases, I just want to see a few air-cooling specializing cases.

An N-case M1 alternative that has the build quality of a Ghost S1 / Form T1 would be my dream...
What's the problem with M1 build quality? Check Dan C4-SFX, it's like a much improved and a bit smaller M1.

Edward78

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 16, 2015
Front PSUs should go, I think it is super odd. Jusr extends the case deepness & especially when the case has no ODD it is odd, a slim would be good. The ODDless thing is for space right? Then some cases have front PSUs???? Just put them on the side like the Pure & Pure X from J-Hack.Anyway DvDs/Bluerays are still around. If you do a small pc for under the TV, do you want to hook a external ODD up? Last time I got a movie from a redbox, it didn't spit out a USB flash drive. NCase the M1 could have the slot on the front front of the case too.

TyTy

What's an ITX?
New User
Nov 14, 2020
Not all necessary or required:
  • Great Ventilation
  • Fits any 3080 on the market (Some of the larger, popular cards don't fit in all cases, like ASUS ROG 3080)
  • Removable Air Filters
  • mini-dtx friendly
  • RGB friendly, as in places to put RGB or black light lighting strips
  • Fan friendly
  • Customizable

Water Cooling:
  • Support for Dual radiator, without blocking the motherboard. IE top / bottom , top / front , one super large on the back side
  • Support for external or 'backpack' water pump / reservoir ( IceManCooler for ncase m1 )

Air Cooling:
  • Support for large air coolers

Risers:
  • With the current issues around PCIe Risers, possibly a case that doesn't require a riser.
  • OR if it uses a riser, offers a riser that supports PCIe 4. (currently that might mean offering multiple options based on mobo/gpu combo)
ATX:
  • Most mini-itx cases that support ATX power supplies have a problem. They don't fit most ATX power supplies. It's a pain to find one that fits. And the high power ATX PSU don't fit. Don't bother with ATX power; But if some reason you do, make sure you have full support.
    Similarly, if your case has routing, and you plan to support both ATX power and SFX power supplies. Make sure there is routing for both.

D

Deleted member 23607

Not all necessary or required:
  • Great Ventilation
  • Fits any 3080 on the market (Some of the larger, popular cards don't fit in all cases, like ASUS ROG 3080)
  • Removable Air Filters
  • mini-dtx friendly
  • RGB friendly, as in places to put RGB or black light lighting strips
  • Fan friendly
  • Customizable

Water Cooling:
  • Support for Dual radiator, without blocking the motherboard. IE top / bottom , top / front , one super large on the back side
  • Support for external or 'backpack' water pump / reservoir ( IceManCooler for ncase m1 )

Air Cooling:
  • Support for large air coolers

Risers:
  • With the current issues around PCIe Risers, possibly a case that doesn't require a riser.
  • OR if it uses a riser, offers a riser that supports PCIe 4. (currently that might mean offering multiple options based on mobo/gpu combo)
ATX:
  • Most mini-itx cases that support ATX power supplies have a problem. They don't fit most ATX power supplies. It's a pain to find one that fits. And the high power ATX PSU don't fit. Don't bother with ATX power; But if some reason you do, make sure you have full support.
    Similarly, if your case has routing, and you plan to support both ATX power and SFX power supplies. Make sure there is routing for both.

NCASE M1 but fatter?
or Dan C4 but much fatter?

gargvarun041

What's an ITX?
New User
Jan 8, 2021
I am interested in those tiny APU cases. Not the thin cases but those that can fit at least a 50mm height cooler.

Edward78

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 16, 2015
The prob. with APUs are, they are not seperate from the CPU, so you have to upgrade both. I would love if they made the GPU where it could just go into a socket. Like the MBs that can take 2 CPUs, just have a new type that can take a GPU on the other side & the chipset can be the rest of the none ram chips on the board & the ram would work just like the cpu side. What other chips do video cards have besides the GPU & ram anyway? You know they could do it. https://www.pcworld.com/article/304...deo-card-to-show-you-how-it-works.html#slide7 hmmm, not that many chips.

Last edited: