What is THE most compact case that supports full sized GPU's?

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Aug 7, 2018
I'm in the process of planning a future system and I'm trying to find the absolute smallest case that supports a full size dual slot GPU (270mm).

I don't care what sort of CPU cooler restriction or PSU limitations there are as that's always part of the fun.

So far I feel like the Velka 5 at 5.7L might be up there, but wasn't sure if I missed anything.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Theoretically, the smallest you can go is about 5.1L using an internal custom PSU and back to back layout.

I designed one that is about 5.5L and is console shaped. Had to put it on hiatus due to funding and other issues.

Smallest with SFX is probably Velka 5. He does take a few "cheats" that hurts compatibility and ease of build, but the design is quite innovative with the PSU and Mobo orientation.

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Aug 7, 2018
Theoretically, the smallest you can go is about 5.1L using an internal custom PSU and back to back layout.

I designed one that is about 5.5L and is console shaped. Had to put it on hiatus due to funding and other issues.

Smallest with SFX is probably Velka 5. He does take a few "cheats" that hurts compatibility and ease of build, but the design is quite innovative with the PSU and Mobo orientation.
Thanks for the reply! I've wondered if reducing overall length in a sandwich layout chassis to support maximum 270mm GPUs with a flex ATX PSU to reduce length then restrict thicknesses to about 100mm wide - from checking measurements I think that's what you're referring to by the theoretical smallest.

I spose in the end it's not much smaller than other offerings so it wouldn't really have much of a place...