Discussion Copper Heat Pipes - Manufacturing Advice Needed

SoloLeveling

Case Bender
Original poster
New User
Nov 14, 2021
Hello SFF Community! I am wondering if anyone here has experience with manufacturing copper heat pipes that can be used for fanless pc builds. I am thinking of building out a concept case that can handle high TDP systems (both cpu and gpu) for mini-ITX builds. My only problem is I am not sure which Chinese companies to reach out to and the actual process of making a copper heat pipe in terms of getting nice end finishes like you see on CPU heatsink (they typically look conical) and the bending procedure.

Some basic questions if you do have knowledge on this would be:
  • What actual machine is responsible for bending copper heat pipes as well as creating the end caps?
  • Aside from varying the thickness of a copper tube and its diameter, are there other manufacturing techniques to make the copper pipe more solid/filled?
  • Does the machining process have high upfront costs for the tooling? Similar to a machinist having to setup the tool path for a particular part and every part thereafter is much cheaper?
  • What is the tolerancing on these parts?
  • Lastly, I would like to hear any suggestions or advice you can give me on this endeavor.