What memory for ROG Strix B350-I?

Kaiso

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Oct 20, 2017
Settled on most of my parts except memory. Anyone have this board running 16 or 32gb 3200 memory. If so, brand and model info. This is not for gaming but CAD/3D modeling and rendering.
ROG Strix B350-I & Ryzen 1800X

Thanks

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I have found that using the 'completed builds' (especially those with pics to confirm) database in pcpartpicker website is an useful tool to check compatibility among various system components. Of course, this is a general guide only, nothing absolute.

So, below is the link showing what memory other owners of your motherboard have used in their system:-

https://pcpartpicker.com/builds/by_part/tLCrxr

Kaiso

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Oct 20, 2017
I have found that using the 'completed builds' (especially those with pics to confirm) database in pcpartpicker website is an useful tool to check compatibility among various system components. Of course, this is a general guide only, nothing absolute.

So, below is the link showing what memory other owners of your motherboard have used in their system:-

https://pcpartpicker.com/builds/by_part/tLCrxr
Thanks. Did not know this existed.

Kaiso

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Oct 20, 2017
Followed your advice and went to pcpartpicker. This is what it says about my ROG Strix B350-I and Ryzen 7 1800X build.

That can't be right?

ChainedHope

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 5, 2016
Just report the issue and continue on your way. The incompatibility list is more of a "hey you should double check this before buying" and not an objective list of things that don't work together.

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
As of BIOS 0401 they all seem to be supported from what that page states? I guess it's been updated since tinyitx posted that :p

Reactions: Phuncz