Prototype Wallye NMA Carry-On Backpack (SFF / Camera Kit + Laptop)

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
2020-09-15 : complete redesign, the EDC (every day carry) Backpack, more info coming soon!

TLDR - Peak Design's Everyday Backpack Kickstarter popularized side opening and modular padding for camera backpacks. I was in B&H Photo in NYC, I couldn't decide on which, so I bought a few to try. To that end, I have been traveling and switching between the Peak Design Everyday Backpack, Lowepro Freeline BP 350 AW, and Think Tank Photo Urban Access 13 this year.

Since I made a duffles for SFF already, living with these camera backpacks, I wanted to try something new, so I think it's time for hybrid backpack.

Prototype1:

4-way Access, Top, Back, Left and Right Side, just like the Think Tank Photo Urban Access Backpack:

Key features:
Removable padding + soft outer material (Cordura), can be used for everyday use
Carry option 1 - 17" Laptop + Mirrorless Camera + 2-3 lenses + Tripod
Carry option 2 - 17" Laptop + SFF Desktop (NCASE M1, DAN Cases A4-SFX, Sidearmd T1, Louqe Ghost S1, SilverStone SG13, NFC Skyreach 4 Mini...etc)

Specifications:
Dimensions: 53x20x32-26cm (the bag is tapered)
More Coming Q1 2020!

Price:
Targeting $100-$150, no promises.

In no rush, more info 2020 January, will launch when the product feels right.

Last edited:

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
The weight of a full sff system plus a camera with lenses could be an issue. It's around a pound for the camera, flash, and another pound per lens which depending on the person and the project could be 3 lenses.

If people don't mind that it's a non issue but it should be mentioned.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
The weight of a full sff system plus a camera with lenses could be an issue. It's around a pound for the camera, flash, and another pound per lens which depending on the person and the project could be 3 lenses.

If people don't mind that it's a non issue but it should be mentioned.

There isn’t enough space to fit both SFF system and camera, so one or the other.

Reactions: gwertheim

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Interesting. What security features planned for the bag? Pickpockets are rampant in some cities.

Also, I assume 53 is the height, 20 is the depth (thickness) and 26-32 is the width? Can help to explain more on this tappered width?

Roen

Trash Compacter
Feb 20, 2018
Wow, it's like you've read my mind!

This would be nice to transport a Sidearmd T1 case that I'm also waiting on.

Instead of just accommodating a laptop in the slot, what about being able to accommodate either a laptop OR a thin monitor?

Last edited:

ondert

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 16, 2017
I’m totally a backpacker, duffle bags don’t use my case and this will be great to carry my A4 sfx. I wonder how you’re going to fit Ncase in this thing.

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
@Wahaha360 - great design and photography as usual. Been enjoying my TKL keyboard case I bought from you. One suggestion - put all the photos in a single Imgur album for easy viewing :)

Great pricepoint on the backpack if you can hit it...

baratheonbbq

Caliper Novice
Jun 6, 2019
From what I understand the duffle bag is dead with this and this is to be the replacement? If so are there any alternatives to the duffle bag that are also duffle bags? Just a camera duffle I guess?

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
From what I understand the duffle bag is dead with this and this is to be the replacement? If so are there any alternatives to the duffle bag that are also duffle bags? Just a camera duffle I guess?

The duffle is done b/c we can't find a factory within our budget. Backpack is more feasible in the near future.