Memory Very low profile DDR4 ram

Oizon

Trash Compacter
Nov 14, 2020
Ahh yes ok you're right my bad. Would the registered vs unregistered have any differences? Would the unregistered one be able to OC higher or more reliably at 3600mhz?
You won't be able to run registered at all. Only unregistered is the way to go.
If memory kit says RDIMM then avoid it, this is a registered memory. UDIMM is unregistered or unbuffered memory. This is the one that works with common builds.

Reactions: swooby

fuzzy8balls

Efficiency Noob
Aug 30, 2020
You won't be able to run registered at all. Only unregistered is the way to go.
If memory kit says RDIMM then avoid it, this is a registered memory. UDIMM is unregistered or unbuffered memory. This is the one that works with common builds.
Got it, thanks. I got an Aorus B550i and looking to get some better cooling out of my Blackridge on my 5800X, so I'll wait for the shopblt order.

Oizon

Trash Compacter
Nov 14, 2020
Got it, thanks. I got an Aorus B550i and looking to get some better cooling out of my Blackridge on my 5800X, so I'll wait for the shopblt order.
YW. This is a great board you've got there. This is exact same I went for. It is reasonably cool. It clocked CPUs among the highest in tests and reviews (even higher than Asus boards). And it fits Blackridge with SSD heatsink removed ;-)
It might be a bit of a problem with CPU cooling. 5800X is rated at higher TDP than let's say 5600X. You will definitely need to throw everything you can at it. Blackridge V2 + 120mm noctua low profile fan as an intake with the help of VLP ram. Plus CPU undervolt in BIOS. The choice of case will play a big role as well as possible extra case fans. It is usually not a GPU that heats up the most in a SFF case but CPU.
BTW are you planning on using your build as a gaming PC or a workstation?

fuzzy8balls

Efficiency Noob
Aug 30, 2020
I had an ASUS x570 itx board before, and it ran way too hot. The chipset temperature was at 70-80C with a Fujipoly thermal pad that I replaced the stock thermal pad with. I also used a Noctua A4x10 fan in my Velka7 case but it was just still a bit too hot. I think X570 just runs way too hot for SFF. I initially went with the Asus because I had an Aorus B550 Master and just had quite a few issues, and the one that did it for me was that the NIC would only negotiate at 100Mbps after about a month's worth of use. Since the X570 has Intel NIC I thought it would be better, however it just runs way too hot for SFF.

I got the Gigabyte Aorus B550i and the thermals are way better (55-60C chipset) and in turn CPU thermals are a bit better too. I do have a -25 offset on all core curve optimizer PBO2 set. And I also a thermal limit of 75C. I took some benchmarks in Cinebench R20 and got 624 sT and 5418 mT. There was no impact to single thread but multithread I could get about 6100 on my NH-D15S. A 10% hit to multicore isn't too bad for my use case.

I just got notification saying that MTA18ADF2G72AZ-3G2E1 is in stock and they are shipping it to me soon. That's pretty cool, sooner than expected.

I use it for both gaming and work -- so when I'm sitting at my desk during the day, it's downstairs. Then at night, I bring it upstairs to game.

Reactions: swooby and Oizon

fuzzy8balls

Efficiency Noob
Aug 30, 2020
Got the MTA18ADF2G72AZ-3G2E1 today and I put it in my system. Not bad, I ordered on 2/1 and delivered 2/3 from Shopblt. The performance of a 120mm vs 92mm fan is a night and day difference. Just have to manually tweak the timings because I'm at 3200mhz 22CL

This Shopblt site pretty cool, they have so much inventory and you can pre-order RTX 30 series GPUs at sort of close to MSRP prices (much lower than scalpers on ebay), although the user interface seems like it hasn't been upgraded since the mid-90s.

Reactions: swooby

Oizon

Trash Compacter
Nov 14, 2020
Got the MTA18ADF2G72AZ-3G2E1 today and I put it in my system. Not bad, I ordered on 2/1 and delivered 2/3 from Shopblt. The performance of a 120mm vs 92mm fan is a night and day difference. Just have to manually tweak the timings because I'm at 3200mhz 22CL

This Shopblt site pretty cool, they have so much inventory and you can pre-order RTX 30 series GPUs at sort of close to MSRP prices (much lower than scalpers on ebay), although the user interface seems like it hasn't been upgraded since the mid-90s.
I wish we had some similar option to buy at MSRP here in EU ;-/ I've seen 3090 going for as much as around 3500$, RX 6800XT for around 2100$ and yesterday I saw an RX 6900XT for a whooping 3900$. This is absolutely insane.

BTW grats on that RAM kit. May be you can even try to copy some ones setting and try to run yours. Anyways we (and I'm personally) will be eager to hear your tweaking results.

der_brennesel

Chassis Packer
Apr 20, 2018
Small headsup:

2 x Micron 32gb VLP ECC UDIMM MTA18ADF4G72AZ - 2G6B2 do work with Ryzen in ECC (64gb in total)

I stayed on stock timings @3200mhz, 1.35v and they work like a charm. They are widely available in the EU at competitive prices, i got them for 150€/stick.

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
Want to add another experience with the 8GB 2666mhz Kingston VLP modules (KVR26N19S8L/8). They're widely available in EU and cheap at about €36 per module. They have weird Nanya A-dies which overclock to 3400mhz and 17, 19, 19, 40 timings at 1.35v. I have briefly tried to push it up to 3600mhz but couldn't get it stable under load. Not the most impressive memory, but it clocks high enough to my likings!

Reactions: Syncro and Hellow

gergl

Cable Smoosher
Apr 27, 2020
I had an ASUS x570 itx board before, and it ran way too hot. The chipset temperature was at 70-80C with a Fujipoly thermal pad that I replaced the stock thermal pad with. I also used a Noctua A4x10 fan in my Velka7 case but it was just still a bit too hot. I think X570 just runs way too hot for SFF. I initially went with the Asus because I had an Aorus B550 Master and just had quite a few issues, and the one that did it for me was that the NIC would only negotiate at 100Mbps after about a month's worth of use. Since the X570 has Intel NIC I thought it would be better, however it just runs way too hot for SFF.

I got the Gigabyte Aorus B550i and the thermals are way better (55-60C chipset) and in turn CPU thermals are a bit better too. I do have a -25 offset on all core curve optimizer PBO2 set. And I also a thermal limit of 75C. I took some benchmarks in Cinebench R20 and got 624 sT and 5418 mT. There was no impact to single thread but multithread I could get about 6100 on my NH-D15S. A 10% hit to multicore isn't too bad for my use case.

I just got notification saying that MTA18ADF2G72AZ-3G2E1 is in stock and they are shipping it to me soon. That's pretty cool, sooner than expected.

I use it for both gaming and work -- so when I'm sitting at my desk during the day, it's downstairs. Then at night, I bring it upstairs to game.
I'm running a 5600x on the B550i with the Black Ridge and Noctua A12x15. It runs low 60s at stock but it's easy to hit 90 with PBO2. I limit the PPT to control the temps, which would probably be a good idea with the 5800x. I thought I was stable with negative curves in benchmarks but then I started crashing in daily use. Waiting for the next stable BIOS to try again.

Reactions: Lextheimpaler

Kasimthegreen

Efficiency Noob
Feb 21, 2021
Want to add another experience with the 8GB 2666mhz Kingston VLP modules (KVR26N19S8L/8). They're widely available in EU and cheap at about €36 per module. They have weird Nanya A-dies which overclock to 3400mhz and 17, 19, 19, 40 timings at 1.35v. I have briefly tried to push it up to 3600mhz but couldn't get it stable under load. Not the most impressive memory, but it clocks high enough to my likings!
Hi there can you tell me where you managed to source the Kingston KVR26N19S8l/8. I have been trying since last year or any cheap vlp ddr4 in the UK thanks

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016

Kasimthegreen

Efficiency Noob
Feb 21, 2021
Alternate had them but they seem to be out of stock now. There are still plenty of DE based resellers but that might not be ideal due to Brexit. I did find this UK reseller but it's a bit more expensive: https://www.kingstonmemoryshop.co.u...-8gb-ddr4-2666mhz-non-ecc-vlp-memory-ram-dimm
Thanks for that but I've already been in touch with them and there not in stock it's a case of pay for it now and wait till it's in stock lots of bad reviews for that. I have seen a few sites in Europe but they don't ship to UK due to Brexit also been checking AliExpress but it's a 50:50 chance whether you get narrow (vlp) or wide(lpx)

Lextheimpaler

Chassis Packer
Feb 2, 2021
no, it's registered. that won't work with your cpu.

try this.

i have a set of this ram and i plan to see how far i can take it whenever i can get a reasonably priced 5950x.

how about this? Currently have a 5600x but looking to move to 5950x like you with the blackridge 120mm setup. I have the asus 550i mini itx mobo