Velkase 3 but with RTX2070 & 6 SSDs

CaptainKLS

Efficiency Noob
New User
Jan 21, 2020
7
0
Well, rog x570i has 2 nvme slots and 4 sata ports...and i used them all!!
Here's how I did it. With this adapter I found on amazon!!!
iNQEfp1.jpg

FZXXI6J.jpg



drgfIyM.png

I forgot to take pics while building so...bear with me

2 Extra sata drives right above GPU
PQEgTMh.jpg

and 1 sata drive next to PSU
rXloz39.jpg
 

CaptainKLS

Efficiency Noob
New User
Jan 21, 2020
7
0
Because I have 4 SATA drives but the PSU only comes with 3 SATA power connectors, I cut the Molex cable and converted that into an extra SATA power cable to power the drive on the CPU side.
uOUSGwA.jpg

Also added a 40x20 fan and aluminum heatsink to cool the two m.2 sata drives on GPU side. For some reason they were idling at 60 degree C before and now it's fixed
B2ifWGD.jpg


The finished build has a density of 0.909 g/cm^3
IuaI0yA.jpg

A size comp to my old rig, which i can barely lift
gZV8qDj.jpg

Carry to campus without a problem :)
Zke73oa.jpg