V6, 9900KF, Thermalright Silver Arrow, 2080 Super with Accelero III

Papadon

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Oct 19, 2019
Hey All,

Decided to post this since it turned out great and has parts that no many Ncase folks have played with in combination. Recently decided to try my luck with taking apart my EVGA 2080 Super Black and putting an Accelero III on it, which is not supported. I can confirm that it works extremely well and just 'barely' fits into the case. Front I/O wouldn't be fun to route and would cause a lot of issues with fitment, so I left it out.

- Rear intake fan is a 92mm Arctic, that performs very closely to the brown 92mm Noctuas and looks a hell of a lot better
-Thermalright Silver Arrow configured as intake with the stock fan - it performs pretty well and looks/fits much better than trying to smash in a square Noctua 120
-GPU fits super flush with 120mm Noctuas as exhaust
-9900K CPU clocked to 4.9 and stays around 90 degrees under crazy load, but around 70-85 in normal high-load situations
-GPU tops out at 73 degrees pushing out max graphics at 165fps, with Noctua fans at max
-Noctua 120mm exhaust fans are very quiet at full load

** Key thing to note - the 14pin adapter that converts RTX fan headers to standard GPU fan headers does NOT work correctly in terms of fan curves ** It basically runs at full load or super minimal load, with nothing in between. I ended up purchasing Argus Monitor and it works like a charm with the case fans tied to the GPU temps.

I put heat sinks on everything that contained thermal adhesive strips from stock setup, so VRM and RAM I guess

Hit me up with any questions.

Ncase M1 V6

rapidshrub

Trash Compacter
Jun 3, 2019
The Silver Arrow 130 has been a huge disappointment on my Ryzen 3600 but I think it has something to do with my CPU or maybe even just the way the cooler performs with AMD hardware.

What are cpu temps like under load with the Silver Arrow 130? Are you using a side mounted exhaust fan? I had my best thermals that way

Papadon

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Oct 19, 2019
The Silver Arrow 130 has been a huge disappointment on my Ryzen 3600 but I think it has something to do with my CPU or maybe even just the way the cooler performs with AMD hardware.

What are cpu temps like under load with the Silver Arrow 130? Are you using a side mounted exhaust fan? I had my best thermals that way
That's unfortunate. Under synthetic load, it does get into the mid 90's but it's also an overclocked 9900K, so I understand why. I have used a U9S and a C14S from Noctua and they both did not perform as well as the 130 is performing for me. No side-mounted fans at all, just the rear intake fan. Since I got an Accelero III on my 2080 Super, there really isn't much heat in the case so no major issues for the CPU heating up with video card heat.

It would be nice if Noctua would make a powerhour 130mm tall heatsink with dual 120 fans - that would get every Ncase running super high-end CPUs without too much to worry about.

Soulforger90

Trash Compacter
Sep 30, 2019
That's really weird that you're 3600 + SA130 isn't performing well. I stress tested both the SA130 and the C14s on my 3700x and they both performed extremely well under load. It's been awhile but I was seeing temps with Prime 95 running for over 48hrs peak at like 82-85c. So both coolers are on par with one another.