@mitxlove - small form factor pc build competition!

mitxlove

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Jan 7, 2016
Hey guys just wanted to post to make you aware that I am going to be throwing a small sff pc build head to head competition soon! There will even be a prize for the winner! If it turns out well then it might even turn into a monthly thing!

I figured if there was any online community that would like to be a part of it, it would be you guys!

I created the @mitxlove page on INSTAGRAM some weeks back just to be able to share and create a small community of mitx and matx pc enthusiasts! Because of all the huge support I've decided to take it a little further and attempt a little competition for all the sff enthusiasts out there!

Just wanted to see if anyone here would like to participate and show off their sff rig for a possible prize!

Take a look at our instagram page @mitxlove

or peep the blog post I put up on wordpress that explains the details and such! Better yet I'll paste it below as well!

btw you do NOT need to have an instagram account to enter to win or vote as we will also have voting going on on the wordpress page online!

link to the detail page: https://mitxlove.wordpress.com/2016/01/20/ultimate-mitx-championships/

Details:

The competition will be held through Instagram @mitxlove and through my wordpress blog! The first event will begin shortly and will include four participants!

For now, we will be putting four competitors head-to-head at a time. The reason for this is because it will make for the easiest viewing and showcase when I post the pics on instagram. This may change in the future!

Remember that as this competition is through picture formatting (Instagram, this blog) it is up to you to make your build as appealing as possible! This means high quality, well lit pictures, a well written spec list, etc.!

Prizes for 1st place will vary! For the first competition, the winner will most likely receive a $20 Amazon gift card! (I am thinking that maybe in the future if this grows big enough, we might have user donations that will throw into a winners pot, similar to the DOTA 2 championships…)

Rules for hopeful participants:

In order to keep things consistent and high quality, there will be a few rules that participants MUST follow in order to qualify for the competition!

1. Your case MUST be a mini itx and/or micro atx form factor as intended and advertised by the manufacturer/brand! This means that bigger cases that happen to fit mitx or matx do not count! (Example: a mid tower case that supports mitx and matx will not count). If you’re wondering whether your case qualifies, just ask!

2. You must email your entry to mitxlove@yahoo.com using these instructions:

-Title the email: UMC_ (your name)_(your builds name/case name)

-You must submit at least 1 picture as your main picture (the 1 and only that will be posted on instagram, so make it the best one you have! You can submit up to 2 more that will be posted on this page for voters additional viewing!

-Write a small blurb about the build. Things like special details, etc. No more than 2-3 sentences.

-Include a thorough and detailed spec list!

More info:

Voters! keep in mind to consider things like picture quality, quality of the build including cable management, parts included, creativity and customization like painting and modding, and resourcefulness of the builder! The goal is to have a diverse array of winners, not to just have the most expensive build win every time.

For now, people who do NOT win their event are allowed to compete more than once! But ONLY if your submission is at least slightly different (i.e a whole new group of pictures, new parts, or a different build entirely!) This may change in the future.

Once again, for now, voters are allowed to vote up to twice! Once on Instagram (by commenting your vote under the picture- more details later) and by voting in the poll that will be generated on the page here on the blog!(Again, more details later).

One last thing! You DO NOT have to have an Instagram page in order to compete! Since everything will be posted on this site and voting is allowed on this site, you don’t even need an Instagram account to participate!

That’s all the information I have for now! Questions? Feel free to comment on any instagram post @mitxlove, dm @mitxlove, email mitxlove@yahoo.com, or comment below!!

-Hector

mitxLove

Reactions: Phuncz

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Nice to have you onboard.

A couple of points
-This contest is in no way sponsored, supported or related to Small Form Factor Network
-Please contact a staff member before posting contests! This one has been approved.

mitxlove

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Jan 7, 2016
Nice to have you onboard.

A couple of points
-This contest is in no way sponsored, supported or related to Small Form Factor Network
-Please contact a staff member before posting contests! This one has been approved.

Oh yes I'm sorry! It's been a long time since I've been active on a forum, forgot the rules for these sort of things!

Thanks again!

FCase

SFF Lingo Aficionado
FCase
Dec 20, 2015
This sounds very interesting. I will be watching closely to see how this works. I may enter the next one. Maybe instead of the gift card, see if you could get a SFX PSU donated as the grand prize. (Just thinking out loud)

Mal

mitxlove

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Jan 7, 2016
This sounds very interesting. I will be watching closely to see how this works. I may enter the next one. Maybe instead of the gift card, see if you could get a SFX PSU donated as the grand prize. (Just thinking out loud)

Mal
Thanks for the input! Hopefully if this first one turns out well, in the future we will have more interesting prizes! However as a college student that is paying for these prizes out of pocket, maybe getting some sort of donation or brand sponsorship in the future would be nice! We'll see, first we just gotta make sure this first one gets a good turn out and is fun and interesting for everyone involved!

mitxlove

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Jan 7, 2016
Hey guys! Just wanted to let you guys know that we (mitxlove) have started to accept submissions for the competition which will most likely start at the beginning of February! Check my op or check out my blog post in the link below for details!

Wanted to thanks SFF once again for letting me post this page for the competition!

https://mitxlove.wordpress.com/2016/01/20/ultimate-mitx-championships/

Reactions: Josh | NFC