Closed Two Zaber Sentry cases (one white, one black) - MN USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

nxrUK

Trash Compacter
Mar 29, 2017
It's getting higher and higher weekly I swear. Next month it'll be a grand at this rate.

NuclearLemons

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 10, 2017
to be fair i bought one in an auction for $375. People will charge what people are prepared to pay.

jimmicakes

Cable Smoosher
Feb 10, 2017
It was $195 on indiegogo, but there was shipping fee; also, the retail price was stated to be $235(not including shipping) after the campaign, and the retail price will go up because of currency change. Moreover, there was risk linked to any crowd-funded projects(they may not deliver), people who funded the project during the campaign bore the risk and there's value attached to that too. And the project is not yet for retail, but you can get it earlier from a owner; time worth money. So, I think buying it in an auction for $375 is still reasonable. But selling the case for $500+ is a little too much, unless there is additional value attached to it (it's limited edition, or has been customized, or even has been touched by the pope, etc). I'm not saying he shouldn't do it, 'cause investing in goods and sell it later to make some profits is something I would do. However, I think most people come in this section of forum are looking for deals(cheaper used goods), exchange for goods that have similar values, and selling/getting rid of some old stuff; so I suggest making a sub-section in the forum for those who actually want to start small business and make a fortune.

Reactions: Choidebu

gunpalcyril

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 7, 2016
It was $195 on indiegogo, but there was shipping fee; also, the retail price was stated to be $235(not including shipping) after the campaign, and the retail price will go up because of currency change. Moreover, there was risk linked to any crowd-funded projects(they may not deliver), people who funded the project during the campaign bore the risk and there's value attached to that too. And the project is not yet for retail, but you can get it earlier from a owner; time worth money. So, I think buying it in an auction for $375 is still reasonable. But selling the case for $500+ is a little too much, unless there is additional value attached to it (it's limited edition, or has been customized, or even has been touched by the pope, etc). I'm not saying he shouldn't do it, 'cause investing in goods and sell it later to make some profits is something I would do. However, I think most people come in this section of forum are looking for deals(cheaper used goods), exchange for goods that have similar values, and selling/getting rid of some old stuff; so I suggest making a sub-section in the forum for those who actually want to start small business and make a fortune.
Don't stress over it, just a while ago someone was banned for similar behavior, look at his post history, it's obviously a throw away account. People here are for the community, and are smart enough to realize a vulture when they see one.

Reactions: Phuncz

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
If it's who I think it is, that guy was kind of odd. Mostly selling and then looking to buy things he previously sold. Some sellers have been met with similar apprehension in the SFFPC sub-Reddit, but really there's a small market for these boutique cases so it's not as straightforward to sell them in the more general computer hardware forums.

Reactions: Josh | NFC

NuclearLemons

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 10, 2017
Don't stress over it, just a while ago someone was banned for similar behavior, look at his post history, it's obviously a throw away account. People here are for the community, and are smart enough to realize a vulture when they see one.
yeah i think you might be right, anyway to report it?

zey

Cable Smoosher
Oct 18, 2017
LMAO! Is he actually expecting to receive $500 each!? He adds shipped as if that would even be a question at $500. I received my two black and white recently. I'm thinking of selling them. It took so long to receive the cases that I've already moved on from my original build. At this point I'm scratching my head trying to figure if I should even build a new computer just so that I can use the cases.

Ambushes

Trash Compacter
Aug 26, 2017
LMAO! Is he actually expecting to receive $500 each!? He adds shipped as if that would even be a question at $500. I received my two black and white recently. I'm thinking of selling them. It took so long to receive the cases that I've already moved on from my original build. At this point I'm scratching my head trying to figure if I should even build a new computer just so that I can use the cases.

If you're willing to sell them for more reasonable prices, I'd be willing to take one :p

alexmcdouchebag

Chassis Packer
Oct 11, 2017
Honestly I didn't think the Sentry was worth the original price. The Node 202 is almost the same size, and it is a whole lot cheaper and it actually includes additional ways to pump some more air into system as well as coming with dust filters.

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
IMO seller can charge whatever amount they want. It's up to buyer whether they want to pay that amount or not. Caveat emptor.

I believe what's not tolerated is dirty tactics, like price bidding increase by one person using multiple account.

Edit:

If I can sell a Seiko for the price of a Rolex (without cheating the customer), I will.

And here's Sentry's Indiegogo page. TL;DR: original Indiegogo price was $195.

Hopefully it can help potential buyers to decide whether they want to proceed with $500 for each.

gunpalcyril

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 7, 2016
IMO seller can charge whatever amount they want. It's up to buyer whether they want to pay that amount or not. Caveat emptor.

I believe what's not tolerated is dirty tactics, like price bidding increase by one person using multiple account.

Edit:

If I can sell a Seiko for the price of a Rolex (without cheating the customer), I will.

And here's Sentry's Indiegogo page. TL;DR: original Indiegogo price was $195.

Hopefully it can help potential buyers to decide whether they want to proceed with $500 for each.

Wholeheartedly agree, just don't expect anyone to respect you if you do, hence the throwaway account. Especially in such a niche online community. Unless I'm missing a huge trend that 2x markups are respectful.

Ambushes

Trash Compacter
Aug 26, 2017
Honestly I didn't think the Sentry was worth the original price. The Node 202 is almost the same size, and it is a whole lot cheaper and it actually includes additional ways to pump some more air into system as well as coming with dust filters.

Agree. You can see the size difference here:
https://i.imgur.com/kr4QaEC.jpg

The Sentry is a great case, and props to DrZaber, but there is no world where it's worth $500 when the Node 202 can be had for 50 bucks.

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Wholeheartedly agree, just don't expect anyone to respect you if you do, hence the throwaway account. Especially in such a niche online community. Unless I'm missing a huge trend that 2x markups are respectful.

By default I'm not gonna do that anyway. More toward a specific situation perhaps; say I own something rare (perhaps a limited edition watch, or famous classic camera lens) and someone wants to buy it from me for any price, then.. :)

Reactions: gunpalcyril

jimmicakes

Cable Smoosher
Feb 10, 2017
I am not stressed or pissed because of the price. There might be one or two persons who are interested even at this price. But I don't think the majority of people on the forum will find this information useful. I mean most people won't look for something that's more expensive than its market price in a garage sale. Unfortunately, this has become a trend and I've seen the similar posts more and more often. That is what really bothers me, seeing this section of forum filled with useless information. All I suggest is making a sub-section for these posts so majority people could enjoy a cleaner forum with useful information while buyers with special needs can also benefit from a separated section targeted at them. This is just my opinion tho, maybe we should vote?

jimmicakes

Cable Smoosher
Feb 10, 2017
Also, please don't hate or attack the seller even though you think it's a ridicules price; just provide suggestion and useful information nicely, such as the current mkt. price, the credibility of the seller and delivery time if you have previously brought from the seller. But posts like this tend to attract mock, hate, and a bunch of not-so-useful information, so I think its best to put them in another section. Also, simply judging a case is just not what this thread is for. I respect people's opinions, but buyers usually would do their own research before purchasing. I know people enjoy the freedom of expressing their thoughts and feelings online, but you have the other threads for that. To me, this trading section of forum is somewhat special, I am here for trading or useful information about the products I am trying to trade. However, a thorough case review or a in-depth case-comparison can be helpful; but it is best to post them on the other threads(maybe even opening a new thread specifically for that) and only a link to the post. It will be much cleaner and more helpful, and shows respect for the sellers. I love SFFForum, and I'd love to see a clean, well-organized forum with respectful(== respectable) members.

Reactions: ignsvn

jØrd

S̳C̳S̳I̳ ̳f̳o̳r̳ ̳l̳i̳f̳e̳
sudocide.dev
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
LOSIAS
Jul 19, 2015
If there is a discussion to be had about the merits of the Sentry, its price or the price gouging of people flipping them this thread isnt the place, please start a new one (id suggest off topic). If you dont like the price then dont purchase, if you have concerns about the listing please report the opening post and put your concerns in the input box there, if you do like the price then contact the seller through PM, if you havent already then everyone please read this thread and then this thread. Enough thread jackin'.

To be clear this post does not represent my opinions (or otherwise) of this listing, its price, its seller, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.