Two radiators possible?

Grit

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Oct 31, 2018
Amazing! Thank you!

I was really hoping to keep the view available for display purposes, but I think convenience and practicality are going to win out. Makes it easier than bending PETG again anyway. I've done that once before and anything that required more than one bend was frustrating to say the least.

On the front PSU, I thought I'd go with an SFX PSU and maybe squeeze a radiator in below it. My hope was the front radiator and fan could be pushed down the floor of the case, but aside from a thin radiator and fan, there just isn't enough room.

Last edited:

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
On the x it probably could, but I don’t see it with the standard.

And I wanted to do Petg in mine as well but not quite ready to make the leap. I did do a dual 240mm setup in the x, not on the quality level of some of the others you can find here, and I can say the rear sfx gives you plenty of space to work with.

Reactions: VegetableStu

Grit

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Oct 31, 2018
Cerberus X ordered. :) Thank you to everyone (esp VegetableStu) for your input and assistance.

My plan is two 240mm radiators and use the rear-mounted SFX PSU option.

I'm debating using XSPC TX240 radiators. From what little I found, they outperform even the XSPC EX and AX radiators at lower (~1300 rpm) fan speeds. Unless XSPC redid their EX and/or AX radiators in the last two years? Can anyone weigh in on radiator opinions?

In addition, the thinner format should assist with space issues I'd think?

Last edited:
Reactions: VegetableStu

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
someone used that to mount a single 120x25mm fan at the top over the motherboard VRM coolers (shifted off-center most away from the motherboard) but I can't recall exactly where was the picture posted ,_,
found it!

https://smallformfactor.net/forum/t...x-usa-made-enclosure.454/page-257#post-120618

DocH

G4G
Apr 2, 2017
Is there any way to mount a 280mm nemesis on the bottom and 240mm in the front or would they clash ? It looks to be a close fit in the Cerberus x with hardwarelabs radiators. But I can’t confirm

Last edited:

AP2

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 1, 2017
@Doc I’m running a 240 rad on the bottom (physical size of a 280 rad) and the same 240 rad on the accessories bracket.

isabirov

Average Stuffer
Nov 15, 2017
okay hardwarelabs GTS series...

• Option 1 - Cerberus case with 280 mm bottom radiator with fans on both sides

Interference: lowest motherboard standoff (marked) radiator width is longer than 148mm (hardwarelabs GTS 280 is 159mm)
    either use a radiator with a smaller width, or if you don't forsee using an mATX board you can irreversibly cut that standoff away

• Option 2 - Cerberus case with 240 mm bottom radiator with fans on one side + thin radiator and thin fan in front.

• Option 3 - Cerberus X case with 280 mm bottom radiator with fans on one side + 140mm radiator in front with fans on one side

Interference: lowest motherboard standoffs (marked) radiator width is longer than 148mm (hardwarelabs GTS 280 is 159mm)
    either use a radiator with a smaller width, or if you don't forsee using an ATX board you can irreversibly cut those standoffs away
  • Option 4 - Cerberus X case with 240 mm bottom radiator with fans on one side + 240mm radiator in front with fans on one side
I just remembered after making those diagrams that you want the rads to exhaust out of the case ,_, for options 2 and 4 you could flip the fan and rads (pushing into the rads are easier), but if you're going for 1 or 3 you HAVE to look for another 280mm radiator with a width shorter than 144mm because it'll interfere with the side panel clips

as for two 120mm intake fans...

3 possible positions on the top so far (if you're going for the windowed panel then you'd have just the top two (and remove the side hinge))

by the way, if you're getting the 2080 waterblock from EK, keep in mind that the RGB strip at the tail end interferes with the front rads, so you might not be able to use it
GTS' are 153, not 159.
280 GTS fits in Cerb without any problem. The only issue is the protruding screws from the other side, they interfere with feet. But it can be solved by adding 0,5 washers to the feet.