REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Oh that is good to know!

How else am I supposed to power the riser if not with the included sata adapter. (I would have plugged it into the PSU originally.) I'm pretty sure the riser I bought said it is intended for use with a GPU.

My (pretty stupid) project is to use a NUC with a GPU, but I want to fit it into a Wii case.

Next to NUC, GPU, cables and 1 or 2 tiny fans, there is not much room left.

The plan I have right now is to plug a dell 330w external power brick into the case and split it internally to the NUC and (over the HDPlex PSU) to the GPU.

I want to avoid making the Wii look too different from the outside and I would also like to not have 2 power cables plugged into it.

Thank you very much for the help!

I would feel more comfortable cutting the Sata connector and solder or crimp the cables directly to the power supply.

Most NUCs and other mini PCs also run fine on 12V (despite they come with a 19V brick). I would try that first because it simplifies the setup a lot. If your NUC runs fine on 12v you don't need the HDplex but just a 12V brick (e.g. Dell) and a load switch for the GPU like my GxR-DIY. You can check my thread below. There are some similar builds like what you are planning:

Piprian

Chassis Packer
May 21, 2021
I would feel more comfortable cutting the Sata connector and solder or crimp the cables directly to the power supply.

Most NUCs and other mini PCs also run fine on 12V (despite they come with a 19V brick). I would try that first because it simplifies the setup a lot. If your NUC runs fine on 12v you don't need the HDplex but just a 12V brick (e.g. Dell) and a load switch for the GPU like my GxR-DIY. You can check my thread below. There are some similar builds like what you are planning:

Oh wow thank you that looks amazing!

I was aware of the NUC being able to take 12v but I couldn't find a 12v power brick and just assumed the standard was 19v to a DC-ATX unit like HDPlex does.

After a short search I can only find a brick for over 300€. I hope that is not the best price I can get for something like that. 😅

One more unrelated question: Do you know what kind of screws I need to use to attach standoffs to a NUC 11 pro mainboard? Neither the NUC TPS nor the NUC screw list on intel's website seem to mention it and intel support hasn't gotten back to me yet.

Again thank you so much and sorry for asking so many questions!

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Oh wow thank you that looks amazing!

I was aware of the NUC being able to take 12v but I couldn't find a 12v power brick and just assumed the standard was 19v to a DC-ATX unit like HDPlex does.

After a short search I can only find a brick for over 300€. I hope that is not the best price I can get for something like that. 😅

One more unrelated question: Do you know what kind of screws I need to use to attach standoffs to a NUC 11 pro mainboard? Neither the NUC TPS nor the NUC screw list on intel's website seem to mention it and intel support hasn't gotten back to me yet.

Again thank you so much and sorry for asking so many questions!

If you should go for the GxR-DIY for your project, I can also make you a suitable 12V power brick up to 500W. No problem, just send me a PM. Else there is the Dell DA2 with 220W.

The standard screws are M2.5 but I think M3 should also fit through the holes.