Time to downsize?

Hi All!

So I've been interested in downsizing now for a little while. I've grown tired of the custom water cooling and looking to just enjoy a system with minimal maintenance. My worry is I tend to go to for top tier components for doing CAD/Rendering at home. So I'm looking for some suggestions on Cases and cooling.

Here is my current system:
Phanteks Enthoo 719
Ryzen 9 3950x
Dual 2080 Supers - Replacing with a 3090
UT60 360 Crossflow Rad
Dual 480 GTS Rad

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Welcome to the forum ! Your motivations aren't too disimilar from mine, sometimes you just want to have your build work and not worry about puddles below your case :)

Demthios

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Mar 4, 2020
Thanks yeah that's the point I'm at. Debating if I even wanna deal with AIO or just go straight air cooling. Guess that will be determined by the case I wanna go with. Looking for something that can house the 3090's without frying it self or the PSU. I'm eyeing the NR200 and Winter One right now, any other suggestions would be great.

Skripka

Cat-Dog Perch Manager
May 18, 2020
Howdy,

Given the thermal and power draw requirements you're looking at....I, personally, would let the 3090 launch play out until reviews on actual heat and electrical draw are measured. GN hasn't even gotten review samples yet, for example--and ofc the retail launch starts next week (for the 3080 anyway). We're returning to the Good (?!) Old Days where top-end GPUs needed 3x8-pin and practically needed their own zip code and needed a performance-per-liter/KG-per-watt measurement.

*There's also hopeful rumors that RDNA2 from AMD will put Ampere to shame in the heat/efficiency realm...emphasis rumors and hopeful.

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
+1, don't rush getting the new hardware. Let reviewers & early adopters do review & learn how to deal with the heat issues.

don't be the lab rat.

Reactions: Phuncz

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
As you are probably so used to having a lot of cooling power (ie one thick 360 and two slim 480 rads), you are probably spoiled. ?
So, whether you will end up with an AIO or all-air cooling, be prepared psychologically to accept higher-than-your-current-thermal.

I recommend the NR200 as well, which has a lot of variety of both air (155mm CPU air cooler clearance) and AIO cooling.