News Thermalright AXP90

It looks like Thermalright is working on a new heatsink in the sub 50mm height class:

Last edited:

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
What?!? I didn't see a graphene axp90.... :(

I bought the full copper.
There is the option for both the AMD and Intel versions of the Full Copper here:

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
There is the option for both the AMD and Intel versions of the Full Copper here:
Yeah, i found that when you mentioned it. Oh well. :/ I'm surprised it wasn't mentioned on techpowerup or Tom's hardware when they talked about it. I wonder if it was a Thermalright OEM/factory design, or if it is an aftermarket graphene coating. I believe that happened before the genuine cryorig c7g came out. There were a couple sellers taking and graphene coating them (or making the coolers black and calling it "graphene coated" since idk how legit it was... But that's just speculation). They sold them before the OEM C7g was officially available. There was a couple of posts here or Reddit talking about them and the comparisons/differences between the 2, especially the box since it came in a c7cu box, and not the custom c7g packing. Also some white fan or the black and white fan from the Aluminum c7, and not the all black c7g's fan.

Either way, it's interesting that it wasn't mentioned previously. Otherwise i probably would have bought both to compare. But I don't want to have to pay shipping from 2 different sellers.

EDIT: grammar

Reactions: Soul_Est

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Yeah, i found that when you mentioned it. Oh well. :/ I'm surprised it wasn't mentioned on techpowerup or Tom's hardware when they talked about it. I wonder if it was a Thermalright OEM/factory design, or if it is an aftermarket graphene coating. I believe that happened before the genuine cryorig c7g came out. There were a couple sellers taking and graphene coating them (or making the coolers black and calling it "graphene coated" since idk how legit it was... But that's just speculation). They sold them before the OEM C7g was officially available. There was a couple of posts here or Reddit talking about them and the comparisons/differences between the 2, especially the box since it came in a c7cu box, and not the custom c7g packing. Also some white fan or the black and white fan from the Aluminum c7, and not the all black c7g's fan.

Either way, it's interesting that it wasn't mentioned previously. Otherwise i probably would have bought both to compare. But I don't want to have to pay shipping from 2 different sellers.

EDIT: grammar
The graphene option is most definitely aftermarket. I was rather undecided and just pulled the trigger regardless. I was really more bummed that the cooler cannot be mounted with the fins oriented parallel to the RAM.

*Edited: A word

Last edited:

Vlad502

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 4, 2017
Test Ryzen 2600 4GHz FPU 5min Black Ridge (with ID NO-9215?) vs AXP90: 75°C vs 77°C

In comparison previous page results are with Ryzen 2700 3.7GHz

Last edited:

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
Test Ryzen 2600 4GHz FPU 5min Black Ridge (with ID NO-9215?) vs AXP90: 75°C vs 77°C

In comparison previous page results are with Ryzen 2700 3.7GHz
To note, this is the aluminum version of the axp90, regardless, Pretty good performance. :)

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
Well I just paid shipping from superbuy cto the US.... $39 after fees for shipping and 42 for the cooler itself. Pretty expensive shipping. But it should be here in about 2-3 weeks..... Supposedly lol. :)

Reactions: scatterforce

prayogahs

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 21, 2019
Just replaced my L9i to the AXP90 Cu to cool my R5 3600 in the DSE Breathe and dropped my idle and load temps around 5-10C. Originally my idle temps was at 50-55C and now its closer to 40-50C. Load temps under Cinebench was 85-90C but now it was 80-85C peak when finished. Prime95 immediately reach thermal throttle at 95C with L9i but now it manages to hover at 92C for a while until it reached thermal throttle anyway. I didnt swap the fan yet as its decent but a bit louder than the noctua. I dont have the Cryorig C7/C7G cooler for comparison so others may have more info. Good impression overall.

scatterforce

Master of Cramming
May 21, 2018
Just replaced my L9i to the AXP90 Cu to cool my R5 3600 in the DSE Breathe and dropped my idle and load temps around 5-10C. Originally my idle temps was at 50-55C and now its closer to 40-50C. Load temps under Cinebench was 85-90C but now it was 80-85C peak when finished. Prime95 immediately reach thermal throttle at 95C with L9i but now it manages to hover at 92C for a while until it reached thermal throttle anyway. I didnt swap the fan yet as its decent but a bit louder than the noctua. I dont have the Cryorig C7/C7G cooler for comparison so others may have more info. Good impression overall.

I would love to see at least one test done with the Noctua fan, so it's like to like. Still, Great numbers and thank you for posting.

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
I would love to see at least one test done with the Noctua fan, so it's like to like. Still, Great numbers and thank you for posting.
When I get mine I have both a nf-a9x14 and the new black one(with a higher RPM) thatI'll test it with. in addition to a c7 aluminum, a c7g, and a blackridge.

Last edited:

Vlad502

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 4, 2017
AXP90 is 7°C better than L9i on i7-7700 (10min FPU test):

LP53 performance here?!

Last edited:

Vlad502

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 4, 2017
Code:
                     9900K 5GHz (w/o HT aka 9700K) 5min FPU
             Stock fan (Package/avrCore) | Noctua A9 (Package/avrCore)
C7G                       85°C/82°C                   91°C/88°C
AXP90FC                   81°C/78°C                   87°C/83°C