News Thermalright AXP90

It looks like Thermalright is working on a new heatsink in the sub 50mm height class:

Last edited:

TimaLima

What's an ITX?
New User
Mar 15, 2021
Anyone seen this / tried this vertical AXP90 mounting kit from Taobao?

There's about 67 reviews on it already on the sellers page, seems to be pretty decent.
I'm thinking of trying it, just wanted to hear yall's thoughts.

Tablet

What's an ITX?
New User
Mar 18, 2021
The brackets/buckles from Xianyu have arrived. They fit quite well, but I would recommend using a Noctua backplate. The metal backplate holes are too small/wrongly placed.

Oh, and some more Noctua pics...

Does the stock mounting am4 kit work with the L9aL9i Noctua backplate?

Analogue Blacksheep

Master of Cramming
Bronze Supporter
Dec 2, 2018
@Tablet - I no longer have the cooler, but you should be able to use the Noctua backplate. The AXP90's mounting style very similar to the IS-60 I'm running in my current build. My setup is using a mounting plate from a L9a AM4 for even pressure.

daddelbud

Average Stuffer
Jan 9, 2019
@Tablet - I no longer have the cooler, but you should be able to use the Noctua backplate. The AXP90's mounting style very similar to the IS-60 I'm running in my current build. My setup is using a mounting plate from a L9a AM4 for even pressure.
On that note, how does the axp90 compare with the IS-60 regarding temps and noise?

ikara

Cable Smoosher
Oct 12, 2020
did rotation improved the temperatures if you remember? does it worth to buy rotation kit?

ezerez

Cable Smoosher
Mar 31, 2021
This one is new on the thermalright website http://www.thermalright.com/product/axp90-x47/
It was also news on techpowerup, where they say thermalright releases a 47mm high cpu cooler. but the original was also 47mm high ... Only differences in specs I can really find is that they mention both intel and amd mounting for this one and the older ones were seperate. Maybe a new mounting system?

Reactions: Phuncz

mobie1211

Cable Smoosher
Mar 29, 2019
This one is new on the thermalright website http://www.thermalright.com/product/axp90-x47/
It was also news on techpowerup, where they say thermalright releases a 47mm high cpu cooler. but the original was also 47mm high ... Only differences in specs I can really find is that they mention both intel and amd mounting for this one and the older ones were seperate. Maybe a new mounting system?
90 degree for AM4, fit Original mortherboard backplate