Other Thelio, custom SFF tower pre-built PCs

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
I found about this company System 76 just today, from Hacker News out of all places. Never heard of System 76 before. But they recently launched a new line of pre-built desktops called Thelio that includes pre-built PCs as small as SFF with a mITX board and single slot card support (with PSU taking room in the bottom).

Their cases are also completely custom, look clean with painted metal and a front wood finish, however the base configuration price of $1099 might be steep for some. Also, they curiously leave out the motherboard specs. Do they use custom or off the shelf? Any hardware sleuths here able to identify the boards from the videos?

Edit: Here's a Beta News article from yesterday

Last edited:
Reactions: el01

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
I found about this company System 76 just today, from Hacker News out of all places. Never heard of System 76 before. But they recently launched a new line of pre-built desktops called Thelio that includes pre-built PCs as small as SFF with a mITX board and single slot card support (with PSU taking room in the bottom).

Their cases are also completely custom, look clean with painted metal and a front wood finish, however the base configuration price of $1099 might be steep for some. Also, they curiously leave out the motherboard specs. Do they use custom or off the shelf? Any hardware sleuths here able to identify the boards from the videos?
Ah, they're cool ;) Didn't hear about their desktops, though. I think they're using a H370N Wifi from Gigabyte (due to the white stripe on the heatsink below the M.2, "steel" PCIe slot, front panel I/O layout. I literally just went over every manufacturer's website and stumbled across it. Not sure what they're using for AMD.

System 76 is based out here in middle-of-nowhere Colorado. I've seen their headquarters. Their products are pretty great, though.