Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

E0000B6FAF25838

Caliper Novice
Mar 28, 2019
edit. Went to buy 2 vented panels to test and the shipping was more than the panels. @KSliger that is hard to swallow. Im in the US as well.

Shipping cost's been my one gripe as well. Try running with both side panels off to get an idea for full vented performance.

Please post your results once everything is hooked up. Unfortunately, I won’t be able to obtain the 645LT since DHL doesn’t ship to PO boxes. I’ll probably go semi-passive with the AXP-100 Copper C65 and 2 NF A-12x25 fans.

Will do. I'll probably pick up one or two vented panels, as the smaller fan on the 645lt will be a downgrade as far as airflow is concerned, so in the mean time I'll give Temps with the GPU panel on and off.

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
I swapped the 2700x for a 2600 and reset all bios to default and installed the Noctura L9a with its stock fan. Temp went 72c max and was a lot quieter. Def could get that temp down with some optimization and manual voltage. Probably what I am going to stick with for now as it's running lot cooler and quieter.

QuantumBraced

Master of Cramming
Mar 9, 2017
Sorry to barge in here and ask a question without having read the thread, but do we know the best CPU cooler for semi-passive cooling using A12x25s in the SM560 2-slot? What about the GPU, will an Accelero 3 fit? A few people on Reddit have done semi-passive builds in the SM560 and while they don't thermal throttle, the results are pretty underwhelming.

CantingSoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 2, 2018
Sorry to barge in here and ask a question without having read the thread, but do we know the best CPU cooler for semi-passive cooling using A12x25s in the SM560 2-slot? What about the GPU, will an Accelero 3 fit? A few people on Reddit have done semi-passive builds in the SM560 and while they don't thermal throttle, the results are pretty underwhelming.
The best widely available cooler is the Big Shuriken 3 (the Axp 100 copper heatsinks (regular and C65) would be the best overall due to copper having better thermal conductivity, but they have limited availability). The Accelero 3 should fit without the fans, but I haven’t seen anyone do that yet.

Reactions: renecop545

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
SM560 is the three slot version. The BS3 is good but you need to make sure it will work with your particular motherboard in the correct orientation as it won't fit with fans on it. Fins need to be vertical. I think Accelero 3 fits w/o the fans. Not sure if I would run it w/o the fans. My Strix 2080 Ti worked w/o its fans but I had to lock it down a little bit frequency wise.

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
SM560 is the three slot version. The BS3 is good but you need to make sure it will work with your particular motherboard in the correct orientation as it won't fit with fans on it. Fins need to be vertical. I think Accelero 3 fits w/o the fans. Not sure if I would run it w/o the fans. My Strix 2080 Ti worked w/o its fans but I had to lock it down a little bit frequency wise.
Also, Optimum Tech recently did a video about undervolting your GPU, which if your goal is lower thermals/better noise, you should definitely consider.

Reactions: wsgroves

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
Thanks @ermac318 . I will bookmark it for future use, once I get my cpu things locked down. I don't have any issues with my gpu atm really. Strix cards always run good and quiet. I never even hear it honestly. Will do some gpu tweaking down the road. Biding my time for Ryzen 3.
I had a reference 2080 Ti to test. Terrible terrible noise.

Last edited:

E0000B6FAF25838

Caliper Novice
Mar 28, 2019
Please post your results once everything is hooked up. Unfortunately, I won’t be able to obtain the 645LT since DHL doesn’t ship to PO boxes. I’ll probably go semi-passive with the AXP-100 Copper C65 and 2 NF A-12x25 fans.

Okay, 645LT is installed and connected. Let me just say, this is not something you want to do unless you're sure you need it. It was an ordeal and a half. That being said, this 560 is my first SFF build, so maybe it's just because I'm new to all this. Here're my tips to anyone looking to do this:

1. You'll want the 92mm holes to be as far towards the front of the case as possible - the last guy who did this and posted here indicated this. I was able to get this bracket printed and it worked. The trick is, though, you need the holes as far forward as possible and you need the reservoir side of the radiator on the CPU side of the case - though it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out, as it's the only configuration that will work.

2. If you're starting from an empty case, I'd recommend doing the fan under the motherboard first, then the motherboard (don't forget your mounting bracket, RAM, or CPU [and M.2s if you have them]), then the bracket with just the radiator on it (don't screw the bracket in yet!), the fan for the radiator (make sure you're doing an intake, not an exhaust), the GPU, 2.5 drives if you have them, the PSU, screw in the bracket, then affix the cooler to the CPU. The order on this is obviously flexible, but the cooler should be in the correct place before you install the PSU, and the bracket shouldn't be screwed into the chassis until the PSU is already mounted.

3. I listed this in my previous tip, but I'd like to expand on it. Since the reservoir side of the cooler is directly under the PSU, you'll find that the hose joints will interfere with the PSU cables. Pull the reservoir as far over to the CPU side as possible, and bend all your PSU cables toward the front of the case, and away from the hose joints. I had to smoosh a bit to get it into place. Just make sure you're not applying pressure on the hose joints at all, and make sure you're not putting stress on any connectors aside from the PSU cables.

Anyway, for performance. I'm running a 2600 with a .1v offset undervolt and a Gigabyte AORUS 1080ti. I now idle at about 40c for the CPU, which is a 10c decrease from the L9a. I ran a Strike in Destiny 2 with the GPU side panel on and capped out at 52c for the CPU and 85c(!) for the GPU. With the side panel off I capped out at 53c for the CPU and 79c for the GPU. For comparison, doing the same with the L9a and two Noctua Chromax 25x120mm fans with both panels on got me to about 70c on the CPU and 75c on the GPU. I ran Prime95 once for 15 minutes with both panels on and maxed out at 66c, and once with the GPU panel off and maxed out at 65c. I never ran Prime95 on the L9a, so I don't have a basis of comparison.

In short, when switching from an L9a to a 645lt for my 2600, idle temps dropped by ~10c, CPU temps in Destiny 2 dropped by ~17c but GPU temps rose by ~15c with the panel on and ~10c with the panel off, and Prime95 hits 66c after 15 minutes.

All in all, I'm quite happy with the performance of this thing and I'm feeling confident it'll handle what Zen 2 throws at it. I will be ordering a vented side panel for my GPU side, but with the absurd cost of shipping, I'm wondering if I should wait until the handle drops; as of right now I'm looking at $22 shipping on a $20 item for the cheapest option, which is a pretty tough pill to swallow.

@KSliger, I know these have been asked, but I don't think I've seen an answer yet, but do we have an ETA on the handle for the 550/560? Also, are there any plans to bring down shipping costs in the near future?

Edit: Here's an album:

Edit 2:

Also:

My plexiglass panel is definitely bowing. It's not causing any issues so I'm not overly concerned about it myself, but I know @wsgroves brought it up earlier, although for his I think he was concerned about it separating from the metal frame.

Last edited:

CantingSoup

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 2, 2018
Okay, 645LT is installed and connected. Let me just say, this is not something you want to do unless you're sure you need it. It was an ordeal and a half. That being said, this 560 is my first SFF build, so maybe it's just because I'm new to all this. Here're my tips to anyone looking to do this:

1. You'll want the 92mm holes to be as far towards the front of the case as possible - the last guy who did this and posted here indicated this. I was able to get this bracket printed and it worked. The trick is, though, you need the holes as far forward as possible and you need the reservoir side of the radiator on the CPU side of the case - though it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out, as it's the only configuration that will work.

2. If you're starting from an empty case, I'd recommend doing the fan under the motherboard first, then the motherboard (don't forget your mounting bracket, RAM, or CPU [and M.2s if you have them]), then the bracket with just the radiator on it (don't screw the bracket in yet!), the fan for the radiator (make sure you're doing an intake, not an exhaust), the GPU, 2.5 drives if you have them, the PSU, screw in the bracket, then affix the cooler to the CPU. The order on this is obviously flexible, but the cooler should be in the correct place before you install the PSU, and the bracket shouldn't be screwed into the chassis until the PSU is already mounted.

3. I listed this in my previous tip, but I'd like to expand on it. Since the reservoir side of the cooler is directly under the PSU, you'll find that the hose joints will interfere with the PSU cables. Pull the reservoir as far over to the CPU side as possible, and bend all your PSU cables toward the front of the case, and away from the hose joints. I had to smoosh a bit to get it into place. Just make sure you're not applying pressure on the hose joints at all, and make sure you're not putting stress on any connectors aside from the PSU cables.

Anyway, for performance. I'm running a 2600 with a .1v offset undervolt and a Gigabyte AORUS 1080ti. I now idle at about 40c for the CPU, which is a 10c decrease from the L9a. I ran a Strike in Destiny 2 with the GPU side panel on and capped out at 52c for the CPU and 85c(!) for the GPU. With the side panel off I capped out at 53c for the CPU and 79c for the GPU. For comparison, doing the same with the L9a and two Noctua Chromax 25x120mm fans with both panels on got me to about 70c on the CPU and 75c on the GPU. I ran Prime95 once for 15 minutes with both panels on and maxed out at 66c, and once with the GPU panel off and maxed out at 65c. I never ran Prime95 on the L9a, so I don't have a basis of comparison.

In short, when switching from an L9a to a 645lt for my 2600, idle temps dropped by ~10c, CPU temps in Destiny 2 dropped by ~17c but GPU temps rose by ~15c with the panel on and ~10c with the panel off, and Prime95 hits 66c after 15 minutes.

All in all, I'm quite happy with the performance of this thing and I'm feeling confident it'll handle what Zen 2 throws at it. I will be ordering a vented side panel for my GPU side, but with the absurd cost of shipping, I'm wondering if I should wait until the handle drops; as of right now I'm looking at $22 shipping on a $20 item for the cheapest option, which is a pretty tough pill to swallow.

@KSliger, I know these have been asked, but I don't think I've seen an answer yet, but do we have an ETA on the handle for the 550/560? Also, are there any plans to bring down shipping costs in the near future?

Edit: Here's an album:

Thank you. Those results are solid. Although, it s eems like your gpu temps suffer without the fan under the psu.

QuantumBraced

Master of Cramming
Mar 9, 2017
The best widely available cooler is the Big Shuriken 3 (the Axp 100 copper heatsinks (regular and C65) would be the best overall due to copper having better thermal conductivity, but they have limited availability). The Accelero 3 should fit without the fans, but I haven’t seen anyone do that yet.

I see, thanks. Well I look forward to someone doing a build soon with the Big Shuriken 3 and Accelero 3. If you can get decent temperatures with something like a 9700K and a 2080 under a gaming load with the bottom A12x25s at ~1200 RPM, that will really be a game changer.

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
Anyone know if the GPU side of the 560 could fit a Raijintek Morpheus II with two 25x120mm fans? Or 15x120mm?

With 25mm fans that bad boy is almost ,or even ,4 slots wide on a Vega card. MAYBE with the 15mm fans it would fit ? Purely educated guesswork on my part here based on researching that cooler for my 64.

Bioforce

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 31, 2018
With 25mm fans that bad boy is almost ,or even ,4 slots wide on a Vega card. MAYBE with the 15mm fans it would fit ? Purely educated guesswork on my part here based on researching that cooler for my 64.

As far as I'm aware the Morpheus II will fit in an Ncase if you use slim 15mm fans. How does the slot space on the 560 compare to the Ncase?

Reactions: TheHig

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
@E0000B6FAF25838 nice write-up. I am getting those brackets printed out thanks.
My case has a slight bow in the sides as well but it is not too bad. It is what it is I guess.
How loud to you find the fan on the 645? I don't have the 645 but a 545 coming in.
@TheHig don't know about the morpheus but my Strix is 2.75 slot and maybe half a slot space left. I'll see if I can get a picture. The one isue though, if you have the closed side panel option, wont have much room to suck in air.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheHig

E0000B6FAF25838

Caliper Novice
Mar 28, 2019
@E0000B6FAF25838 nice write-up. I am getting those brackets printed out thanks.
My case has a slight bow in the sides as well but it is not too bad. It is what it is I guess.
How loud to you find the fan on the 645? I don't have the 645 but a 545 coming in.

I have the pump in the AIO header on my mobo, so the pump is louder than the fan at idle, and it's a pretty noticeable hum. I would say noise has increased at idle and my GPU drowns it out, so no change at load.

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
I think the argument for the Morpheus would be to NOT have fans on it and use it in the "passive with case fans" configuration that Sliger originally proposed. Morpheus II on video card with maybe Black Ridge or BS3 heatsink on CPU might be the way to go for that option. It wouldn't be the highest performing but it would be quiet.

Reactions: caniplaymayo

wsgroves

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2019
You can try the morph without fans. It may work good depending on what card you use. I was able to use my strix 2080 TI without the fans but I had to constrain it a little bit and I wasn't happy with that much.
@E0000B6FAF25838 yeah I'll have to just see how loud the pump is on mine.my ears are very very sensitive to certain types of fan noise and stuff like that so it's just a wait-and-see.

E0000B6FAF25838

Caliper Novice
Mar 28, 2019
I think the argument for the Morpheus would be to NOT have fans on it and use it in the "passive with case fans" configuration that Sliger originally proposed. Morpheus II on video card with maybe Black Ridge or BS3 heatsink on CPU might be the way to go for that option. It wouldn't be the highest performing but it would be quiet.

Yeah, I know that's the way most have been using it, but I found that the 645lt blowing warm air onto my GPU is adversely affecting Temps, so I was hoping a beefier heatsink would be a viable solution to mitigate that.

renecop545

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 2, 2018

That sounds incredibly promising though actually, the AXP-100 Copper C65 looks like a beast. Please update with pics/temps when you get it!