SFF.Network The SFX PSU's keep on coming: FSP set to launch 500W and 600W 'Dagger' line

And YOU get a power supply! And YOU get a power supply!.. Everyone gets a power supply!

As if the highly anticipated Platinum-rated units from Lian Li and SilverStone weren’t enough, word on the street (where ‘the street’ is TechPowerUp) is that FSP’s looking to join the PSU fray with a pair of SFX units they’ve… interestingly enough… elected to call the “Dagger” line. (Hey, since when does size matter, right?)

Ostensibly, these gaming-targeted PSUs are meant to provide a testosterone-pumping 500W or 600W of pure, raw electricity, to rigs replete with high end CPUs and enthusiast-grade graphics. Indeed, practically any single-GPU build will have its power needs torn to shreds, short of the most insane of overclocks, And, since of course you’d be installing this in a SFF enclosure, you get all of the manly modular cabling your proud, chest-thumping heart could ever ask for.
Read more here.

Reactions: Phuncz

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Rewind a year and no one would have believed this many SFX manufacturers. Oh well, more choice for us consumers !

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
Original poster
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
If they're retail, that's huge. They have exceptional quality, and perhaps the biggest brand loyalty in the business that I've ever witnessed.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I'd love to see their pressence in SFX and TFX PSUs, hopefully for retail. It's one of those brands that focuses on one thing and doesn't disappoint. Whereas Antec, Corsair and Cooler Master for instance have many other products that can dilute the observed brand reliability and quality. I have a Seasonic PSU, I'd buy another one in a heartbeat.

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
Seasonic already has a retail TFX PSU in their line-up, the TFX-350. That's already equipped with all the bells and whistles, so I wonder what the new unit they're showing will be. Maybe better modularity?

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
More power would work too, 450W would make it ideal for a high-end single GPU setup.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
What are the 5 pin connectors they're using for SATA? I don't recognize them as standard PSU connectors.

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Emailed one of the distributors here in Singapore about 2 weeks ago, he mentioned that the 600 watt version should be in by this August, while the 500 watt will come later.

Looking at the MSRP in the article, it seems that the 600W version will be sliiightly more expensive than Silverstone's SX600-G (around $103) yet still way cheaper than Corsair's SF600 (around $139). However MSRP is usually higher than retail price, so we shall see.

It's good to have competition in the market.

Btw last time I knew, FSP is one of the OEMs of Silverstone?

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
FSP is the OEM for the SX550. I'm not sure if SilverStone uses them on the ATX side of things.