Completed The MI-6 Microtower Case: Performance in 6.7L

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Thanks for the email update @firewolfy, love the accessory box and badges look really good. Is Feb 9th still looking like the start of shipping?

I figure I will just take the serial number that comes with my order number, still be very cool.

firewolfy

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 12, 2015
Shipping News!!
First 11 cases built and boxed yesterday and dropping off for shipping by Monday morning.

Reactions: Kmpkt

firewolfy

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 12, 2015
Some pics of the cover with the fine brushed finish:

LeMoNH3aD

Average Stuffer
Oct 25, 2017
That fine brushed finish turned out great! I can't wait to get my hands on mine. Now...if I can just locate and purchase a Gigabyte 1080 Mini at or below MSRP I'd be in better shape.

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Looks amazing. I can't wait to move my system over to it.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
That fine brushed finish turned out great! I can't wait to get my hands on mine. Now...if I can just locate and purchase a Gigabyte 1080 Mini at or below MSRP I'd be in better shape.

It actually showed up last week on Newegg for a few days, at $629 which is $120 more than it was before Christmas. I had planned on getting the MSI GTX 1070 Aero itx but doesn't look like that is going to happen anytime soon, unless I want to spend like $600. :(

Shipping kills it...to Cali at least.

Sorry to hear that, I didn't check on shipping costs.

Reactions: LeMoNH3aD

firewolfy

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 12, 2015
Chomping at the bit, here. :)

Did any more ship after the first 11?
Sorry, work got in the way a bit, and affecting throughput. The next 7 will ship tonight. I will send out an email showing which cases are shipping to who.
That completes the cases with acceptable covers.
Got word from my fabricator that he is having the imperfect covers reanodized or making new covers, depending on how bad the scratches or staining is. I dont have timing yet.

Fire

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Sorry, work got in the way a bit, and affecting throughput. The next 7 will ship tonight. I will send out an email showing which cases are shipping to who.
That completes the cases with acceptable covers.
Got word from my fabricator that he is having the imperfect covers reanodized or making new covers, depending on how bad the scratches or staining is. I dont have timing yet.

Fire

Speaking of chomping at the bit. ;)

firewolfy

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 12, 2015
This is update I emailed out:

The following orders are shipping today. Note that because there were more acceptable covers available for minimalist cases right now, so some orders for cases with front I/O are having to wait for the replacement covers.

Shipping Customer Order #s: 10013, 10014, 10015, 10016, 10019, 10020, 10023.

Fire

Reactions: NoSk0pz

firewolfy

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 12, 2015
Just arrived! Photos cannot do this thing justice. Thank you for all your hard work Fire!

Great to hear it got there safe and sound!
Nice pic and background. I should take all my case pics at your house, lol.

Everyone with a case order, I tried to make sure the packaging was cushioned and such, but let me know if there are any packaging problems or damage.

Thx

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Just arrived! Photos cannot do this thing justice. Thank you for all your hard work Fire!

Oh man that looks good, mine will be the same (if I survive the wait). Please share pics when you have it all together.

On a side note I received an email from B&H Photo today, I was on notify list for the MSI GTX 1070 Aero itx. Sold out by the time I got home at $669 which is $160 more than before the shortage, makes me really unsure if I am going to be able to find an itx card anytime soon.