Completed The MI-6 Microtower Case: Performance in 6.7L

firewolfy

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 12, 2015
PRODUCTION BATCH STATUS: Production and shipping batch #3 completed in January 2020.

Case-by-Case Design Co. website (MODERATOR has removed the website link as it’s currently linking to a site that attempts to hijack browsers and scam repairs. The original site can be found by searching the Internet Archive)

MI-6 Case with Optional Short Loft

MI-6 Build in Custom Red

MI-6 Case shown with full tower case

Optional Front Power Button and I/O (no rear power button):

Features
  • Solid, clean styling. No plastic or flimsy sheet metal, just beautiful black powder coated 2mm interior and black anodized 1.5mm cover. Available with or without front power and I/O.
  • Dimensions 135 x 203 x 246mm (5.3" x 8.0" x 9.7"). Small footprint keeps desk uncluttered. Volume 6.7 L.

• COMPARISON TOOL: Rohan Pinto has a great google sheet comparing features and dimensions of 90 SFF cases including the MI-6 here.
  • Corrosion resistant, lightweight construction. Aluminum alloy chassis and cover. Stainless steel fasteners. Weight 3.0 lbs.
  • Open physical architecture simplifies working in the case. No PSU covering the MB. Only 4 screws attach the main cover.
  • Built for mini-ITX form factor motherboards. Cutout behind MB for access to backplane. Access M.2 connector and CPU cooler bracket without removing MB.
  • Built for mini-ITX GPUs. Accepts full-height, 2-slot GPUs with max length 190mm and width 40mm (43mm with backplate). Clearance for PEG connectors on top.
  • Rear mounted power switch. Minimizes clutter and accidental resets.
  • Optional front panel-mounted white power button (blue LED) and I/O.
  • INCLUDES PCI-E 16x Gen 3 Li-Heat shielded narrow-format riser cable.
Flexibility
  • Fresh air intakes for the CPU, GPU and PSU. Room for 92mm bottom case fan to increase component cooling. Cover vent sized to match all current MB CPU cooler locations and sizes up to 120x120mm. Cover vent pattern sized to match up to all current gpu fan locations.
  • Fits CPU coolers up to 65mm tall (Top view shown below).

• Fits any SFX, SFX-L or SFX-L+ PSU.
  • SSD/HDD: 2 locations for 2.5" drives. Also available: a tool-less quick-disconnect stainless steel 2.5” SSD/HDD mount and 4 additional drive locations.
  • Mix and Match Mounting of Components:
  • Up to 4 SSD/HDDs (or 3 at 15 mm) with additional HDD mounts
  • 92mm case fan -- FAN SELECTION/COMPARISON TOOL HERE (thx to Matt Reissmann)
  • SFX-L PSU (note using SFX-L prevents mounting a fan or drive in the bottom of the case)
  • Front I/O port.

• Higher-end GPUs that will fit:
    • Gigabyte GTX 2070, 2060 ITX
    • GTX 1070: Gigabyte GTX 1070 mini, Palit Galax/KFA2 GTX 1070 Mini ITX
    • GTX 1060: Gigabyte GTX 1060 mini, EVGA GTX 1060 ITX, ZotacGTX 1060 ITX
    • All R9 Nanos
    • GTX 970's: Asus GTX970-DCMOC-4GD5, Gigabyte GV-N970IXOC-4GD
    • GTX 960's: Asus GTX960-MOC-2GD5, EVGA 02G-P4-2962-KR, EVGA 04G-P4-1962-KR, EVGA 04G-P4-3962-KR, Gigabyte GV-N960IXOC-2GD, Gigabyte GV-N960IXOC-4GD, Gigabyte GV-N960OC-2GD (rev. 1.0), Gigabyte GV-N960OC-4GD

Last edited by a moderator:

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Congratulation! Been watching it's development in the other forum, and like what others said, it's great to see this case in this forum as well.

Unfortunately the power switch is at the back of the case :'(

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I'd like to see it, but the images don't seem to work, the links time-out.

Michael

Average Stuffer
Jan 3, 2016
Yeah I would recommend against hosting via dropbox as most employers block that website. I feel like more people would be able to see it if it was posted on imgur or some other image hosting service.

firewolfy

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 12, 2015
Well, that stinks with Dropbox access problems.

Here is a test post using photobucket:

Let me know you have any problems with that service.

Thx!

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Photobucket works for me, though my experience with them is that they delete files after a while, IMGUR is for me personally the prefered image storage.

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
I've been quietly following your progress at [H], congrats on getting to the pre-order stage and start the production!

Also, I second IMGUR. I've seen many old threads with Photobucket hosted build pictures that get removed. Photobucket is not good for archiving progress for future visitors :p

Reactions: DanMas and Obelisk

firewolfy

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 12, 2015
I will be adding more information to this thread over the next few days, but I do have a "Interest/Preorder" list I am compiling to gauge interest in a first run of 30 cases. I know this isn't a sales forum, so I'll leave it right there. PM me if you'd like more information.

Thx

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
Looks terrific! I very much like the fact that you have kept the case true to the sff spirit with sfx psu, short gpu etc. Best of luck going forward. I am definitely a customer.