Completed The MI-6 Microtower Case: Performance in 6.7L

firewolfy

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 12, 2015
damn nice, do you sell them at all?

Ok, there is a bit of complexity regarding that front I/O board. The board and cables are only $5, but the 3D printed pushbutton and bezel are another $5.
The bezel holds the button in place, but it needs an opening in the chassis to attach to. So either an MI-6 case, or you can customize your case for it.

I can get you any or all of the above parts, just let me know.

Engr62

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 7, 2018
@firewolfy did you ever send a review case to Optimum Tech? He usually does really nice reviews of ITX cases on his YouTube channel. That would definitely be some good exposure the MI-6.

batterybull

Trash Compacter
Jul 28, 2018
Ok, there is a bit of complexity regarding that front I/O board. The board and cables are only $5, but the 3D printed pushbutton and bezel are another $5.
The bezel holds the button in place, but it needs an opening in the chassis to attach to. So either an MI-6 case, or you can customize your case for it.

I can get you any or all of the above parts, just let me know.
I see, I'll keep that in mind as I plan out my build, thanks!

firewolfy

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 12, 2015
@firewolfy did you ever send a review case to Optimum Tech? He usually does really nice reviews of ITX cases on his YouTube channel. That would definitely be some good exposure the MI-6.
No, I didn't send one to him. That might have been a good reviewer, but I am out of cases now. Maybe after the next batch is made.

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
No, I didn't send one to him. That might have been a good reviewer, but I am out of cases now. Maybe after the next batch is made.

Oh so that's the case. In any case, I'm willing to be a reviewer once you have more case.

nicb6

Trash Compacter
Jul 14, 2018
I know the official clearance for GPU length is 190mm. Inno3D just released the RTX 2070 Twin X2 which is 196mm long. I wonder if this GPU would still fit?

firewolfy

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 12, 2015
I know the official clearance for GPU length is 190mm. Inno3D just released the RTX 2070 Twin X2 which is 196mm long. I wonder if this GPU would still fit?
I just checked, and there is 193.2mm average distance. I have not seen any detailed pics of the gpu yet, but maybe there is a bit of plastic that can be trimmed off the end of the gpu. Have to wait for more pics I guess to see.

Reactions: Jello

whatanoob

Trash Compacter
Jun 18, 2018
Really want to get my hands on this case. Does anyone have any ideas on good places to share it so we can reach the target?

If I had one of first edition cases, I know a lot of places where I could share it if I just took some nice pictures, but without having one myself, I don't really know how I can help.

Reactions: ignsvn

Prothea

Average Stuffer
Aug 26, 2018
I agree. There really isn't any other case at this size and formfactor that has a similar design, which lets you have some decent cooling for some light overclocking headroom. I've had mine on order since the first day it was available, and I'll be pretty sad if it doesn't make it to production.

Reactions: ignsvn

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
I agree. There really isn't any other case at this size and formfactor that has a similar design, which lets you have some decent cooling for some light overclocking headroom. I've had mine on order since the first day it was available, and I'll be pretty sad if it doesn't make it to production.

This, my friend, is exactly why I like this this case so much. Relatively small, 65mm cpu cooler support, 2x2.5" drives support, and SFX psu.

I really hope that you can also experience the same. Here's hoping that the next MI-6 production batch will go as planned!