Production The First - Monsterlabo High Performance SFF case & Fanless CPU / GPU

Eduard

Trash Compacter
May 31, 2019
New Top fan solution

Exploded view

Thx Clement (new team member) for this work. Now the assembly is simplified:
  • New U shape skin which will be same aesthetic than the middle U
  • New top structure plate that allow to assemble directly different kind of fan.
    --> This will replace the strandard one already assembled.
  • New top skin without power button, brushed aluminium.
    --> The power button will be moved to the back panel. 3D back panel delivered at same time.
  • New grid with high ratio opening (already in stock). This grid will be available in black and white.
    --> This new grid will also be available for standard version
We can also propose all the aesthetic in black or white with according price.
A big U skin that replace the top one could also be done.

Now, it's time to have your feedback ?

Glad to see that the subject is advancing =)
It looks nice. I would prefer a new bigger top U skin (if not too expencive) for smoother look.
And I'm agree with Nordl1ng. No need to screw the fan, it has rubber pads and is heavy enough to not create any vibrations/noise.
The power button and headphone/mic jack are moving to 3D back panel that is next to PSU? (just to be sure)

yeahe - ML

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Monster Labo
Dec 19, 2017
Glad to see that the subject is advancing =)
It looks nice. I would prefer a new bigger top U skin (if not too expencive) for smoother look.
And I'm agree with Nordl1ng. No need to screw the fan, it has rubber pads and is heavy enough to not create any vibrations/noise.
The power button and headphone/mic jack are moving to 3D back panel that is next to PSU? (just to be sure)

Yes this is the idea. I think it has a better look as the Fan is centered.
A bigger U top would be a little bite more expensive for sure.
It will be easier in the future to provide this directly.

bbalex

Chassis Packer
Nov 30, 2018
I have a question regarding the heatsink: is it possible to pull the heatpipes for one of the cooling circuits (the CPU) out of the heatsink, or not? I imagine the answer is no, but it's worth to try! :)

The idea is to replace those heatpipes with different ones in a custom build.

Papa Rob

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 18, 2019
Hi folks, I'm Rob. Been following this thread for a while and am excited about making a build in the first.

Just wanted to mention that the 5700 (and XT) strix both have great vrms. allegedly overkill enough to run without heatsinks even on 1.2V. Source:
Buildzoid makes in depth quality analysis of gpus and motherboards, for those interested who haven't heard.

Regards!

Last edited:

yeahe - ML

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Monster Labo
Dec 19, 2017
I have a question regarding the heatsink: is it possible to pull the heatpipes for one of the cooling circuits (the CPU) out of the heatsink, or not? I imagine the answer is no, but it's worth to try! :)

The idea is to replace those heatpipes with different ones in a custom build.

Nearly impossible because the heat pipe are brazed into the aluminium fins.

What would be the purpose ?

yeahe - ML

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Monster Labo
Dec 19, 2017
Hi folks, I'm Rob. Been following this thread for a while and am excited about making a build in the first.

Just wanted to mention that the 5700 (and XT) strix both have great vrms. allegedly overkill enough to run without heatsinks even on 1.2V. Source:
Buildzoid makes in depth quality analysis of gpus and motherboards, for those interested who haven't heard.

Regards!

Nice ! Thanks for sharing.
It's good to see some manufacturer taking care of that question.
I personnaly have an EVGA 1080 FTW with great VRM stage also. Never had nay issue for years now.

Reactions: Papa Rob

yeahe - ML

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Monster Labo
Dec 19, 2017
Any other feedback about the Top Fan ? & the New VRMs ?
Who is interested for the first limted batch ?

redeagle

Case Bender
Jun 16, 2019
Well i would like to get the Top Fan mode as my GPU is overheating nearly all the time i am playing some hard games. Probably VRMs are overheating or memories. Cant say as i dont have the data regarding tmps on them. So i would like to try top fan to cool it down a bit.

yeahe - ML

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Monster Labo
Dec 19, 2017
Well i would like to get the Top Fan mode as my GPU is overheating nearly all the time i am playing some hard games. Probably VRMs are overheating or memories. Cant say as i dont have the data regarding tmps on them. So i would like to try top fan to cool it down a bit.
All the time ? It would be nice if you can send me some Data using HWinfo for exemple.
Do you have already the 140mm fan inside ?
thanks for your feedback about the top fan.

SombreSire

Cable Smoosher
Oct 17, 2018
All the time ? It would be nice if you can send me some Data using HWinfo for exemple.
So the power button will be moved at the back of the case ? you don't mean on the backplate with all the connectors ?

And what will happen with the USB ports ?
I am already using the two of them, one of the two as a fingerprint reader attached and having it on the top is great and easily reachable.

Eduard

Trash Compacter
May 31, 2019
Any other feedback about the Top Fan ? & the New VRMs ?
Who is interested for the first limted batch ?
I would prefer if the connectivity and start button remain on the top. I don't think that it will change the look a lot compared to the centered fan.

yeahe - ML

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Monster Labo
Dec 19, 2017
Ok we can test it in the CAD. We will need to put the Fan close to the back edge & put the connectors really close to the front

Eduard

Trash Compacter
May 31, 2019
Ok we can test it in the CAD. We will need to put the Fan close to the back edge & put the connectors really close to the front
It is a metter of several mm. Noctua 20cm is hagning for 2-3mm from the rear pushing on connectors in front. There is plenty of space for the fan and connectors/buttons. May be it is possible to add even more USB ports or USB type C (in terms of space it is ok). There are a lot of ITX motherboards now having those ports.

redeagle

Case Bender
Jun 16, 2019
well, just to be honest :) it depends on what you decide to be the hard game. In Greedfall the GPU went off at 60 degress (VRMs doesnt have a sensor enabled on 1070 Ti) in 4k gaming of world of tanks at max setting the GPU went off at about 80 degress. So i assume the problem is at VRMs overheating or the memory chips overheating. VRMs does have your passive cooler used :) No i dont have 140mm fan inside as i am using ATX power source not SFX. Regarding HWinfo i didnt collect data during the gaming. I try to keep that in mind when im going to play these high demand games. Ofcourse, there is possibility, that my 1070 Ti does have faulty components that crush at higher temperatures :)
P.S.: Greedfall also at 4k max settings :)

Nord1ing

Average Stuffer
Dec 5, 2018
From my experience, for hi-end components case need a solution to have some sorts of air intakes. Even only 140mm fan will be effective. Currently, the bottom clearance is too small to allow an efficient fresh air intake, and 200mm fan won't help a lot because of his low pressure.

yeahe - ML

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Monster Labo
Dec 19, 2017
well, just to be honest :) it depends on what you decide to be the hard game. In Greedfall the GPU went off at 60 degress (VRMs doesnt have a sensor enabled on 1070 Ti) in 4k gaming of world of tanks at max setting the GPU went off at about 80 degress. So i assume the problem is at VRMs overheating or the memory chips overheating. VRMs does have your passive cooler used :) No i dont have 140mm fan inside as i am using ATX power source not SFX. Regarding HWinfo i didnt collect data during the gaming. I try to keep that in mind when im going to play these high demand games. Ofcourse, there is possibility, that my 1070 Ti does have faulty components that crush at higher temperatures :)
P.S.: Greedfall also at 4k max settings :)

Ok that's quite strange that you don't have same behaviour regarding games.
As the VRM is here to fill the chip it's heating regarding the demand.
Off couse it's possible that's the memories also....

An 1070ti without any fan in a full closed chassis is a little bit tricky. You can reach 160W - 180W range at full load which is over our spec in Fanless.
That's clearly difficult !! For you I would suggest to open the case if possible or at least remove the grid. You will win few degress (6C with the grid - 11C full open).
Or maybe you can try a little bit downclock. You win a lot without seeing performance difference.

--> I should do a tutorial about this !!

From my experience, for hi-end components case need a solution to have some sorts of air intakes. Even only 140mm fan will be effective. Currently, the bottom clearance is too small to allow an efficient fresh air intake, and 200mm fan won't help a lot because of his low pressure.

Yes you are right, the best would be to have a special skin with openings. This is the best for thermal.

- - - - - -

News: The first at Dubai Gitex show (2CRSI team)

- - - - - -

Next step for Monsterlabo team

- Finish design of top fan assembly this week
- Finish design of flat panel skin with full openings
- Integrate New VRM cooling + Top Fan + Flat panel on the website with pre-order.
(We will need some orders before launching this parts)

Still to do
- user manual

Please note that we still have 2nd choice PC (internal aesthetic minor issue) & 2 PCs with electronics already assembled (special price).

Reactions: Nord1ing

Eduard

Trash Compacter
May 31, 2019
An 1070ti without any fan in a full closed chassis is a little bit tricky. You can reach 160W - 180W range at full load which is over our spec in Fanless.
That's clearly difficult !! For you I would suggest to open the case if possible or at least remove the grid. You will win few degress (6C with the grid - 11C full open).
Or maybe you can try a little bit downclock. You win a lot without seeing performance difference.

--> I should do a tutorial about this !!

Starting from 6:30 talking about the Nvidia undervolting. Used this method to undervolt my 1080Ti and had very good results.

Reactions: Sashby and Nord1ing

yeahe - ML

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Monster Labo
Dec 19, 2017

Starting from 6:30 talking about the Nvidia undervolting. Used this method to undervolt my 1080Ti and had very good results.

Hi Eduard, thanks for your feedback. Would it be possible for you to do a "before / after " checking power consumption and perf ?

Nord1ing

Average Stuffer
Dec 5, 2018

Wow, great thing! I tried and downvolted 1080 to 900mV.
Firestrike ultra stress test:
  • at default settings: 55C and ~1750 frequency at the end, 28.11 avg fps
  • undervolted: 52C and ~1830 freq at the end, 28.41 avg fps