Advice Syncing a GPU with Asus PN50

cityle

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Aug 17, 2020
Hi,

First time posting here, but read a few threads here to know that if there is somebody who would know the answer, it's someone here.

In short, I'm building a PC inside of a Gamecube (link to my build log on the L1T forum). My plan is to use the ADT NVME to PCIE Adapter Card to connect a GPU to my PN50. A PicoPSU is used to provide the necessary current to the adapter to power a 1650 through the PCIE slot. The PicoPSU is plugged in a Add2PSU in order to sync the power on.

But here's lie my problem. To my understanding, the Add2PSU syncs with the 12V signals. I assumed that the fan connector on the PN50 had a 12V lead, but I just discovered it doesn't have one. The highest voltage on any connector on the PN50 is 5V. And I try to sync with 5V maybe but to no avail.

So do you have any recommendation to power and sync a GPU with the PN50 because right now I'm kind of lost.

Thanks

cityle

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Aug 17, 2020
Maybe a sata power splitter to a sata to molex adapter?
It's a miniPC, there is no sata header. I need to find how I can sync the nuc to power on with the gpu using the add2psu or something else that might apply.

Thac0

Caliper Novice
Nov 12, 2020
Ah, misunderstood that you were powering your SSD from the 2nd psu. Have you tried emailing add2psu and asking if it can run without the 12v? Or, as an alternate solution, are you willing to power down the system with a physical switch every time?