SFF.Network Streacom Launches the DA2

brt02

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 3, 2018
Hi there DA2 owners! I was having a think and was curious if the rail system would allow usage of an HD Plex 400W NanoATX PSU inside the case with either a subtly mounted internal brick or external brick and if this would be a way of mounting through and through radiator configs like a 280+140mm radiator where the PSU mounts and over the Motherboard?

Is there space for this if the HD Plex was mounted on the bottom of the case in from of the graphics card or at the top but up against the front edge? Just seems like a potential solution for cramming heaps of cooling into the case or freeing up additional space.

I think there should be space for a 400w DC-DC unit. You can either mount it at the bottom (GPU length allowing) or at the top (if you forgo 2.5inch drives). You will need 2 brackets to install into the case. I can check this for you tomorrow.

As for AC-DC, that's a little bit more difficult as it depends on the adaptor used.

As an example the HDPLEX 400W AC-DC would have to be mounted top to bottom, and even then it's too wide if you want to go for radiators on both sides. Might be easier to go external there and replace the included C14 extension included with the case with the barrel jack connector included with the 400 DC-DC.

selectallfrom

Chassis Packer
Jan 7, 2019
Happy to help! After some testing have it on a super quiet fan curve (this is with the Noctua fans, not sure how it would work with the cryorig ones):
After 1h of PUBG never went over 65C, my 2080 Ti FE goes up to 83C in PUBG but that is whitin normal and I do prefer to have it quiet, I may play with the GPU fan curve a bit to see to have it just below 80.

Excellent. I have a pair of Noctua Chromax 120s I was planning on swapping in for the Cryorig fans. A 2080 TI FE is also en route so this is all very good news for me. Can’t wait to start the build. Thanks again for sharing the details.

Reactions: bubbl3

bubbl3

Case Shuffler
Jul 3, 2018
Excellent. I have a pair of Noctua Chromax 120s I was planning on swapping in for the Cryorig fans. A 2080 TI FE is also en route so this is all very good news for me. Can’t wait to start the build. Thanks again for sharing the details.
This is my MSI Afterburner fan curve for 2080 Ti below 80C in PUBG, 2K all maxed out.

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
I think there should be space for a 400w DC-DC unit. You can either mount it at the bottom (GPU length allowing) or at the top (if you forgo 2.5inch drives). You will need 2 brackets to install into the case. I can check this for you tomorrow.

As for AC-DC, that's a little bit more difficult as it depends on the adaptor used.

As an example the HDPLEX 400W AC-DC would have to be mounted top to bottom, and even then it's too wide if you want to go for radiators on both sides. Might be easier to go external there and replace the included C14 extension included with the case with the barrel jack connector included with the 400 DC-DC.
I think you're right, would be interested in seeing your results though! 420mm of radiator in an ITX enclosure would be amazing while also retaining a fairly low sound profile.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
One more update on the PSU SFX mounting plate. Also the Seasonic SGX has a small issue clearance with it, so I suggest @Streacom to check it for a v1.1 Revision! And hoping to see soon available the universal bracket!
Tomorrow I’ll start the build, trying to stay total black and on air for once!

Last edited:
Reactions: brt02 and bubbl3

bubbl3

Case Shuffler
Jul 3, 2018
The Chromax are airflow fans and not static pressure, they may not perform too well on a cooler, I would stick with the cryorig ones in that case.

bubbl3

Case Shuffler
Jul 3, 2018
And because today is my birthday and have nothing to do, I'm gonna experiment a bit more inside the case, probably going to switch the CPU cooler fans to intake, try to get a 120mm slim fan on top for exhaust and get a kraken g12 + corsair h55 on the GPU :D

Reactions: roozter

roozter

Caliper Novice
Dec 15, 2018
If you go full air don't underestimate the importance of a good intake fan (I am working on a way to install 2 of them), this single NF-A12x25 is doing wonders for me, I have it on a curve based on CPU temps and during load I can feel so much hot air being pushed through the back panel, amazing what some good positive pressure can do.

I like this setup, I will most probably copy your fan layout. Would it be better if a slim fan was used at the rear?

btw, happy birthday @bubbl3

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I like this setup, I will most probably copy your fan layout. Would it be better if a slim fan was used at the rear?

I am quite curious to see the thermal difference between this setup and when the U9S is oriented horizontally to exhaust via the rear.

bubbl3

Case Shuffler
Jul 3, 2018
I am quite curious to see the thermal difference between this setup and when the U9S is oriented horizontally to exhaust via the rear.
Would be interesting, but I sold my low profile ram kit unfortunately. Also if you orient it horizontally, you can use the short brackets from the bottom to install a slim 120mm exhaust fan on top.

bubbl3

Case Shuffler
Jul 3, 2018

Thanks! It's a cool setup, I just like to experiment more. Regarding the fan, a slim one will move less air I think is better to have the 25mm one.

In general i feel cooling the CPU is no big deal there (if you don't OC), the GPU is the "problem", mine stays at 79/80 on full load with my custom fan curve but would love to keep it in the 60/70, that's why I'll experiment with the Kraken G12 tonight.

Reactions: roozter

Sirex

Chassis Packer
Dec 6, 2018
And because today is my birthday and have nothing to do, I'm gonna experiment a bit more inside the case, probably going to switch the CPU cooler fans to intake, try to get a 120mm slim fan on top for exhaust and get a kraken g12 + corsair h55 on the GPU :D

Happy birthday!

Looking forward to see how you solve the rad on GPU + U9S nut :D

I still haven't found an optimal solution, but I have ordered a new set of vertical brackets from Streacom so I can try out dual 120 rads or even 140+120 if it fits.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Happy birthday!

Looking forward to see how you solve the rad on GPU + U9S nut :D

I still haven't found an optimal solution, but I have ordered a new set of vertical brackets from Streacom so I can try out dual 120 rads or even 140+120 if it fits.
Wait, where it is possible to order vertical / horizontal brackets??

selectallfrom

Chassis Packer
Jan 7, 2019
Wait, where it is possible to order vertical / horizontal brackets??

There was a post from the other day by Streacom.

"The DA2 brackets we will make available for the channel to sell them as a kit after the CNY, till the brackets are available @ your local store ( which would be probably around Q2 due to the CNY +production+shipping), we will provide the service to buy them trough our support department ( please make a ticket to theTechnical Department on https://streacom.com/contact/)"

brt02

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 3, 2018
I think you're right, would be interested in seeing your results though! 420mm of radiator in an ITX enclosure would be amazing while also retaining a fairly low sound profile.

It's a lot tighter than i thought it would be but it fits, looks like if you want a 140mm radiator or fan you'll need to mount at the bottom of the case and get a shorter GPU.

Mounting at the top would make the cabling at lot easier and neater but you'll also need to take the GPU length into consideration when looking into your choice of radator fan or both. Anything bigger than and ITX sized card and you'll have to go with 92mm.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tazpr

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
Check below,

It's a lot tighter than i thought it would be but it fits, looks like if you want a 140mm radiator or fan you'll need to mount at the bottom of the case and get a shorter GPU.

Mounting at the top would make the cabling at lot easier and neater but you'll also need to take the GPU length into consideration when looking into your choice of radator fan or both. Anything bigger than and ITX sized card and you'll have to go with 92mm.
Looks like you're just dry-fitting the HDPLEX ACDC on the bottom. I still see the modular PSU connectors in your picture... could you place it where the SFX PSU is?

802Shaun

Minimal Tinkerer
Dec 25, 2018
There was a post from the other day by Streacom.

"The DA2 brackets we will make available for the channel to sell them as a kit after the CNY, till the brackets are available @ your local store ( which would be probably around Q2 due to the CNY +production+shipping), we will provide the service to buy them trough our support department ( please make a ticket to theTechnical Department on https://streacom.com/contact/)"

I sent them a message and they replied with this pricing info:
"Price will be 9usd (2brackets included) vertical or horizontal plus 9 usd freight charge. So in total 18 usd for 2 brackets."

Reactions: bubbl3 and fabio

brt02

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 3, 2018

On top, again mounted on two brackets. Again it fits, but barely.

Can't fit my 280mm AIO at the front. Bottom of fans hits GPU

For the rear of the case: 140mm fan fouls on front I/O and GPU, 120mm should fit in space, but don't have one test for sure. 92mm fans fit fine.