Streacom F1C Evo WS GPU Mod

kaiserschmarrn

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Jul 18, 2017
Streacom F1C Evo WS buid... with an RX 460.

If you avoid looking too closely at the custom IO, PCI slot, DC in, GPU intake and GPU bracket, it actually looks alright.

Specs:

g4560
128g 600p M.2 SSD
picopsu 160XT
XFX RX 460 Slim 4g

The first iteration of the build used the case fan as an intake, and had the GPU fan-side down. Although this config avoided butchering the top of the case, it relied solely on air pressure to push hot air out of the case, and the temps sucked.

The current setup uses the case fan as an exhaust, and the GPU fan as an intake that pushes warm air into the case. This sacrifices the CPU, but temps are overall much better, and the system ends up being impressively quiet.

The entire build cost less than 700 dollars.

Last edited:

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Well done on the build, a very efficient performance per dollar and performance per liter build !

ondert

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 16, 2017
Just under 3 liters, this looks really sick. Did you consider putting a single slot 1050 Ti? Inno3D's model probably won't fit but ASL's 1050 ti is both low profile and single slot w/ 190mm length, also it has kind of blower fan.

kaiserschmarrn

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Jul 18, 2017
Just under 3 liters, this looks really sick. Did you consider putting a single slot 1050 Ti? Inno3D's model probably won't fit but ASL's 1050 ti is both low profile and single slot w/ 190mm length, also it has kind of blower fan.
It's actually just slightly too big for the setup, I think.

I considered looking into a 1050ti, but I don't really need the extra performance, and I'd rather have the longevity and linux support of an AMD card.

fminus

Cable-Tie Ninja
May 14, 2016
@ondert Card is too long I think. While the case is listed as 197mm in length, that's from the outer edges. Inside space, more like 187mm when you take into account the aluminum thickness.

ondert

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 16, 2017
The card itself is 190mm long, the case is 197mm and said to be made of 3.5mm thick aluminum that leaves us 190mm interior length. I'm just talking on what is written on the paper. In reality I can't be sure but it might just fit in tightly.

kaiserschmarrn

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Jul 18, 2017
@ondert Card is too long I think. While the case is listed as 197mm in length, that's from the outer edges. Inside space, more like 187mm when you take into account the aluminum thickness.
^ this

additionally, there's another metal wall a few mm into the case which you can see in the pictures.

kaiserschmarrn

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Jul 18, 2017
I bent off either side of the pci bracket so that it would fit. I also drilled a hole in one side and held it in place with a washer and nut, as you can see from the io.

for the part holding the gpu up on the from of the case, i just cut and bent some scrap metal and used some nice double sided tape to stick it on the side, the inside of the top of the gpu shroud rests on it.

I'm using a picopsu 160xt and some random 200w power brick I found on a sketchy website.

CaneyJ

Cable Smoosher
New User
Oct 5, 2016
I've built something similar with a 65W TDP 4590S and a EVGA GTX750Ti Superclock but since then I've replaced it with a Palit GTX 1050 TI StormX.

I have it as a tower though with an active intake behind the motherboard and temperatures for both CPU and the graphics card don't go about 70 Degrees C.

I took the graphics card and sliced the PCI bracket it half to make it a single slot. I needed a card without a DVI port in the upper section. I also removed the fan shroud for clearance and use the cases external exhaust fan hooked up to the graphic cards fan header to remove heat.

I will soon upgrade my 1st gen HD-Plex to the latest version with PCI-e support and then I feel I could fit in a GTX1060. Maybe even try a 65W TDP Ryzen 5.

https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/project-jam-pack-4-litre-itx-gaming-sandwich-pc.1046/

Reactions: Jonny727272