Tiny Coffee Lake: Streacom f1c Evo

LjSpike

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 20, 2017
Hey Thauner - If your still checking this thread, would you mind posting some pictures of the build inside the steacom? I'm doing a bit of casual case designing and it'd be interesting to see this one's layout.

Thauner

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Oct 5, 2017
I am impressed with your setup. May I know if I could insert the casing fan Noctua NF-A12x15 PWM onto the top cover of Plexiglass? It's 15mm thick. Does it have sufficient space upon covering?
U would not have space enough for the cpu fan if you did that.

Hey Thauner - If your still checking this thread, would you mind posting some pictures of the build inside the steacom? I'm doing a bit of casual case designing and it'd be interesting to see this one's layout.
Think scf got me covered there, let me know if you need pictures with hardware installed.

Em1nem

Case Bender
Jul 30, 2018
Hi Thauner,

thanks for the great build you are sharing with us. I have currently made up a new rig with Ryzen 5 2400G on an ASUS X470i.
I want to use the same glass but I am wondering what were the radii in the corners of the top that you have used.

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
Hi Thauner,

thanks for the great build you are sharing with us. I have currently made up a new rig with Ryzen 5 2400G on an ASUS X470i.
I want to use the same glass but I am wondering what were the radii in the corners of the top that you have used.

I love the glass top.

I made a 3d printed lid for one of these for a friend a couple of years ago. Model is here if its of any use for measurements: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1928417/files

Em1nem

Case Bender
Jul 30, 2018
Unfortunately I can not measure the radius in Teamcenter VisMockup, it just shows the length. Can you give me the value?
I think it might be 20 mm right?

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
Great build guys!! I am trying to make an almost identical system.

What kind of fan is that on the top of the case and what kind of cooling solution have you used for the cpu?

It was a 140mm Noctua fan. The board he had used a passive heatsink but was an atom so the fan basically saturated the case with "fresh" air and kept everything cool.

Others have used it with higher powered builds: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/mQhypg

alexbene

Cable Smoosher
Aug 20, 2017
It was a 140mm Noctua fan. The board he had used a passive heatsink but was an atom so the fan basically saturated the case with "fresh" air and kept everything cool.

Others have used it with higher powered builds: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/mQhypg

So, if I get it well, this was a better choice than l9i with the stock fan or even l9i with stock fan + a slim fan on top ?? Or the choice was made just by the fact that those components were just laying around?

alexbene

Cable Smoosher
Aug 20, 2017
So, could anyone (or has anyone already) with a similar or bigger height case probably test a similar scenario which is :
  • a l9i (or some other cooler) with its fan only
  • VS the same with a slim (15mm) fan on top of it
  • VS the cooler without a fan and a thick (ideally Noctua NF-A12x25) on top ??