Streacom Da2 - cooling, airflow, noise

minime000

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Sep 25, 2019
The Streacom Da2 is by my taste far the most aesthetically pleasing case option in its range.

But reading about the hardships of cooling, noise, airflow and possible dust upbuild isn’t encouraging. Reading through this thread https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/streacom-launches-the-da2.7598/ almost makes me want to wait for a possible future version 2 of the case.

But I suppose part of the hardships are related to rather ambitious cpu and gpu setups, even involving overclocking? At least Optimum Techs disappointment here is based on a hefty Cpu:

Going into a custom build liquid cooling is unfortunately beyond me (both financially and technically). Right now I am thinking about scaling a bit back on what I first thought of as a possible setup in the Da2. Cpu going from a Ryzen 3700x to a 2700, and perhaps combine it with a blower style Gpu like Asus 2060s turbo. And a 240 mm liquid cooler for the Cpu + a 9 mm Noctua exhaust fan on the back. I wonder if this configuration would be noisy as h... with the filters still in place at the Da2? In my domestic situation we love aesthetics, but hate noise - including vacuum cleaning ?. The setup is intended for both casual gaming and occasional rendering and 3d modelling.

Any comments and thoughts much appreciated.

EndEffeKt

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 23, 2019
Hey buddy,
I dont think that the 2700 has a significantly lower powerdraw than the 3700x. Would not expect a decend improvement to thermals there.

I am currently the owner of a 2080 turbo and had the questionable pleasure of running it with its flimsy cooler. I had to adjust voltages, powerdraw and fan curve for it to be barable. Now it got a waterblock like originally planned. If you can get it for really cheap it might be ok for a lower tdp card like the 2060. But I personally would take another dual fan design every day.
I just got it for the cheap price and the reference pcb.

minime000

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Sep 25, 2019
Thanks for the reply

A waterblocked gpu is probably too advanced for me - thats into the territory of custom cooling, I would get lost and spend a fortune :)

The Asus 2060s turbo ain't cheap here, I am only thinking about blower style cards because I am under the impression that the in-out airflow of the dual/triple fan style cards might partly be re-circulating/bouncing itself underneath the Da2?

Regarding Ryzen 2700 vs 3700x this test shows that even though they share the same 65w TDP the stock configuration of the 2700 runs far cooler, 28,5° vs 52° : https://adoredtv.com/ryzen-8-core-retrospective-3700x-vs-2700/ Not sure if this have any relevance under max load, but I wan't be hiting max load that often, and I suppose anything that cuts heat in the Da2 is a must if one would like to keep the dust filters on. Of course the 3700x beats the 2700 in performance but for me the 2700 will be a serious upgrade from what I currently run.

EndEffeKt

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 23, 2019
I would be very interested if those deltaT are with a reasonable voltage, because there are serveral bios problems atm with boards shoving like 1.5v into the cpu for no apparent reason.

minime000

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Sep 25, 2019
modding holes like this makes sense, and drilling in aluminium is rather straight forward:

minime000

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Sep 25, 2019
for others perhaps having the same questions as me I think this post actually gets around it all (+ adding the mod of drilling holes seems to be the way to go :))