Some new builds and a question on an old.

TheInternal

Trash Compacter
Original poster
May 27, 2016
Howdy all.

For the new; So, I have an i7 6850k and a i7 7700k on the way. I could use suggestions on the smallest case for a mATX mobo that can do two large GPUs in a 2 way SLI configuration (such as the ASUS ROG series 1080 GPUs) while having adequate enough airflow to be quiet at load. I'd like to be able to get the case in hand in a month or less.

I'm also open to tossing one of my three newest CPUs in a STX setup for a simple grab n go box, but I don't know squat about the form factor and what's out there. I'd want to be able to do some gaming with it (at least run emulators up to PS1 graphic level).

For the old: I still have that node 202 build I did with an i7 6700k (which may get replaced by the not much faster 7700k). Does anyone have any personal experience with getting a higher TDP chip to run quiet? I found the scythe big shuriken 2 to be loud as hell / have yet to hear of anyone swear by a CPU cooler that would fit the case, provide adequate cooling, and not be loud as hell.

Thanks all.

GentlemanShark

Asus RMA sucks
Marsupial Computing
Dec 22, 2016
Throw your 7700k on an Asrock mSTX board (the description says it supports) it and maybe buy the combo that comes with the case. Another option for STX is to use my new case coming out soon^tm.

Reactions: TheInternal