Closed [SOLD] Price check on a Soldam WiNDy Cube

Hey there peeps, I've recently been downsizing quite a bit and selling off lots of things that I have acquired over the years. I have one case that is like a new born baby to me. I have not been able to bring myself to use it because of how gorgeous I think it is and was looking to give it a new home to where someone might actually put it to good use and not just keep it wrapped up and look at it every now and then.

The only problem is, I'm pretty sure WiNDy is out of business and they no longer make these cases anymore so I'm not sure if there is any real value to them or not. The case I have is a Soldam WiNDy Cube Mediterranean MC3, Mediterranean is the color scheme which is a Pearlized White Painted Exterior / Anodized Blue Interior.

Would anyone know a rough estimate of how much this would go for? I have not been able to find anything anywhere online withing the last 5 years really of what these cases cost. I know they were only made in Japan and in order to get them in the states you had to know someone in Japan that would order it for you, then ship it to you over seas (which is what I did).

I believe the cost at the time of getting the case including all the fun shipping shenanigans was roughly $450 and I can't really say there has been a case produced that can beat this look. Imgur Gallery of some Potato Pictures with My One Plus One. Wish I had something better to show it's wonderful colors.

kittysox

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 8, 2017
I watched one sale on anandtech for 350$ and that's been like 7-8 years ago. They so rarely ever come up for sale. But I'm not sure they carry the same weight they once did, so who knows the value of one.

Last edited:

XiCynx

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
New User
Sep 25, 2017
Seems to be a very niche market. I know there are enthusiasts out there but I'm sure it is also pretty hard to reach them as well. Not really sure of any other case sites like this and or parts of Overclock.net.

Remy

What's an ITX?
Sep 29, 2017
It's just my luck to stumble upon this thread; talk about right place, right time. I was just going through my occasional search for old cases. WIth rare stuff like this you have to actively make an effort to regularly check for years and years. It's small time compared to the hoops you had to jump through to actually receive the case in the States back when they were still in business though. Now that was brand loyalty! The last time I saw a Windy chassis up for sale was on fleabay 4 years ago. Perhaps this betrays my age a bit, but mentions of Soldam sound like echoes of hushed whispers around the net of a golden past to me. The House of Soldam website was what originally kindled my interest in seeking out these chassis. I think I am a person who appreciates quality. I recently watched . You can really see how Mountain Storm's case is both a reminder of his swanky bachelor days and deserving to be his "baby" because of the workmanship. That's kind of what I feel I'm after here. In Win makes artsy stuff. You have the naysayers who say Lian-Li is good enough. And it's not like Abee doesn't still make this form factor over in Japan. But with Windy I think there's heirloom(?) potential here. Maybe it doesn't quite age like a fine wine, but it ages pretty well. You got people chasing after trends like the DAN Case and NFC's S4 Mini while completely overlooking this forgotten gem and its ilk. I just don't think they make 'em like they used to. It is a dream of mine have a desktop system with as many made in Japan quality parts as possible. Yours looks in much better shape than https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b270603100 and is actually in the continental US and I'm not rich but I'll try to pony up what you consider to be a fair price. Does that sound like a square deal?

XiCynx

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
New User
Sep 25, 2017
It's just my luck to stumble upon this thread; talk about right place, right time. I was just going through my occasional search for old cases. WIth rare stuff like this you have to actively make an effort to regularly check for years and years. It's small time compared to the hoops you had to jump through to actually receive the case in the States back when they were still in business though. Now that was brand loyalty! The last time I saw a Windy chassis up for sale was on fleabay 4 years ago. Perhaps this betrays my age a bit, but mentions of Soldam sound - snip-
My apologies for never getting back to you on this. I didn't get an email notification that a post had been made. I wound up finding a buyer on Overclock.net who was also an avid Windy fan and had a couple other cases of theirs as well. Sorry again and I do hope your search finds you a very nice kept one in the future!