Smallest Pump

Freebo

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Apr 4, 2019
Hi All,

Looking at making a loop in a Node 202, I've got some inspiration about what I want to do but want to check I've not missed anything obvious regarding the pump. I'm looking at either an EK SPC-60 or a Laing DDC with the stock top or some form of slim top on it. I've decided not to look at CPU/Pump combo's as from research I've done so far these may not be sufficient to cool the GPU as well.

The EK SPC-60 is roughly the same size as the Laing but the main issue I have with it is that I cant find any tops which have two side ports, they all (not that there's many) have one side and one top which can be done but isn't ideal by the looks of it. As for the Laing its either leave the standard top alone which might work or look at something like the Alphacool Eisdecke Laing DDC Acetal top V.2 which had two side ports and two top ports but does seem to increase the bulk of the Laing.

Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas of anything else I should be looking at or am I kinda at the end of my options?

Cheers

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
Some cpu/pumps use a ddc. Those are sufficient for small loops including a GPU.

Fractal Kelvins use that. It’s also possible to buy separately

Freebo

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Apr 4, 2019
Some cpu/pumps use a ddc. Those are sufficient for small loops including a GPU.

Fractal Kelvins use that. It’s also possible to buy separately

I did come across these and look into them, unfortunately they're discontinued so can be difficult to find, I've just looked at the spec sheet and the pump is rated to 70L an hour as opposed to 600 from a Laing so I'm not sure if it'll be sufficient for a CPU and GPU. Saying that I dont know what sort of flow rate would be sufficient as its not something I've ever needed to think about like this :p

NateDawg72

Master of Cramming
Aug 11, 2016
Would the Alphacool DC-LT be smaller? That's what I found when I was looking for the smallest pump I could find a couple months ago.

I ended up getting their solo GPU block that comes with the DC-LT in it for space reasons. I'm planning on adding my CPU with it to the loop with a single 240mm radiator. It isn't a powerful pump by any means but it should do the job. I'd be happy to report back with my experience but not sure how long it'll take me, still waiting for a few fittings.

Reactions: Freebo and Goatee

Freebo

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Apr 4, 2019
Hmmm, the DC-LT does look good, I think I did look at that before or something similar but it had fixed connections but that seems to be threaded which is a bonus. 100L per hour might be ok. I'm now getting a bit concerned about the amount of GPU blocks available for the RTX lineup so far so it might end up being purely a CPU cooler now in which case I might be able to just get a corsair 120 AIO which is a shame.

Edit: I've justy seen Alphacool have a configurator which shows that theres two 2060 cards which work with their blocks so thats nice. Might be the route I go down :)

Last edited:

JaPeMo

Average Stuffer
Jan 26, 2019
Hmmm, the DC-LT does look good, I think I did look at that before or something similar but it had fixed connections but that seems to be threaded which is a bonus. 100L per hour might be ok. I'm now getting a bit concerned about the amount of GPU blocks available for the RTX lineup so far so it might end up being purely a CPU cooler now in which case I might be able to just get a corsair 120 AIO which is a shame.

Edit: I've justy seen Alphacool have a configurator which shows that theres two 2060 cards which work with their blocks so thats nice. Might be the route I go down :)

Could you give me link to see this? Thx

hyp36rmax

Trash Compacter
May 7, 2018
Hi All,

Looking at making a loop in a Node 202, I've got some inspiration about what I want to do but want to check I've not missed anything obvious regarding the pump. I'm looking at either an EK SPC-60 or a Laing DDC with the stock top or some form of slim top on it. I've decided not to look at CPU/Pump combo's as from research I've done so far these may not be sufficient to cool the GPU as well.

The EK SPC-60 is roughly the same size as the Laing but the main issue I have with it is that I cant find any tops which have two side ports, they all (not that there's many) have one side and one top which can be done but isn't ideal by the looks of it. As for the Laing its either leave the standard top alone which might work or look at something like the Alphacool Eisdecke Laing DDC Acetal top V.2 which had two side ports and two top ports but does seem to increase the bulk of the Laing.

Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas of anything else I should be looking at or am I kinda at the end of my options?

Cheers

Have you considered a Swiftech Apogee Drive II that has a MCP35X which is essentially a DDC pump. Miles ahead of any CPU/Pump AIO's in the market. Surprised you didn't bring this up since it's essentially an SFF favorite.