Enclosure Small mATX case, sli liquid cooled

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
https://www.cowcotland.com/news/59285/calyos-nsg-photos-montrer-arrivee-prochaine-boitier.html
Calyos is showing some photos..:)

Mr.Fenestron

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Aug 23, 2017
I know, I saw them. Very excited. 21L vs 7L is a huge difference! I may just end uo going with the DAN unless something comes close in size. The bummer of my build is, I'm going to have to buy a cheapo full tower to house the hardware until the NGS-S0 arrives in december

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
I know, I saw them. Very excited. 21L vs 7L is a huge difference! I may just end uo going with the DAN unless something comes close in size. The bummer of my build is, I'm going to have to buy a cheapo full tower to house the hardware until the NGS-S0 arrives in december
I just saw that the DAN case A4-SFX v2 had started production. Did you pledge too?

Mr.Fenestron

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Aug 23, 2017
You can preorder them on OverClockers.UK. Does anyone know if any X299 ITX board are out?
Idk why I didnt think of it before, I'm an idiot. Since I'm now going with only 1GPU now, I should get an ITX board, then I can easily transplant all my hardware right into a DAN (minus PSU ofcourse) when deployments roll around :).

The ASRock X299E-ITX/ac was supposed to come out on the 15th of Aug...

After reading the post about the board on our forums, looks like very soon this month. Woohoo.

Last edited:

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
You can preorder them on OverClockers.UK. Does anyone know if any X299 ITX board are out?
Idk why I didnt think of it before, I'm an idiot. Since I'm now going with only 1GPU now, I should get an ITX board, then I can easily transplant all my hardware right into a DAN (minus PSU ofcourse) when deployments roll around :).

The ASRock X299E-ITX/ac was supposed to come out on the 15th of Aug...

After reading the post about the board on our forums, looks like very soon this month. Woohoo.
My advice will be simple : for dan case, forget by all means x299 mininitx board. Wait for coffee lake 6c/12t mini itix with dual m.2..:)
Why? Because skylake-x, at stock is using more power than heavily oc ryzen or kabylake...there is simply no cooler, powerful enough to get proper temperature in dan case.

Reactions: Nanook and jtd871

Mr.Fenestron

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Aug 23, 2017
There has been no word on coffee lake. It was supposed to release in Aug but didn't. AMD was supposed to launch something to compete with Nvidia, forcing them to launch Volta; but they didn't. Idc what amd fans say, releasing something that BARELY trade blows on the low end market is not "making a comback", it's just pointless. SeaSonic was supposed to release their Fanless 600W in Auguest, but that didn't happen either. I'm still waiting on the ASROCK x299 ITX board, hopefully it doesn't follow suit.

Coffe lake is more like volta now (pushed back because it isn't necessary).

Also, I'm building a pc this month, early next. I don't know if coffe lake is releasing this month. If it does, I'll look into it. If you have some info I'm not aware of I'd love to take a peek :)

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
For some reason, Intel comes out with the laptop chips before the desktop ones.

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Pretty sure there are other factors behind coffee lakes delay, I thought they were having issues with the full-fat chips on that node. Mobile ones are easier and so tend to come out first more frequently now than in the earlier, larger node sizes.

Mr.Fenestron

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Aug 23, 2017
But still, we dont know when coffee lake will release... or do yall?
I've read a Sep/Oct release date. I don't mind pushing my build back a couple weeks but rumors are not concrete.
If It does release, I'll for sure scoop up an 8700K.
Also, major bummer is how long will it take for a compatable coffee lake mobo in ITX to release...

Last edited:
Reactions: Biowarejak

Biowarejak

Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
By holiday season on both desktop and mobile platforms. Worth waiting just in case imo.

Mr.Fenestron

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Aug 23, 2017
It seems like, manufacturing wise, intel should migrate everything to x299 but, I suppose then they wouldnt earn royalties on the chipsets, which is why there sticking to 1151. Probably some power regulation stuff too.

I want to wait but I'm getting ansy

According to this, (10 Oct) for Coffee Lake:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pcgamesn.com/intel-coffee-lake-launch-date?amp

And according to this, (5 Oct) for mITX
http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/asrock-z370-motherboards-for-intel-coffee-lake-cpus-surface.html

https://www.eteknix.com/asrock-z370-motherboards-unveiled/

Last edited:
Reactions: Biowarejak

Biowarejak

Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Well damn, might just need to sell my new motherboard if it's that soon. x) My, how technology progresses!

Mr.Fenestron

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Aug 23, 2017
Im excited, those results are, as they say, better than what they had advertised. Not to beat a dead horse, but it truely is a shame AMD sucks so much otherwise I could have had a new Nvidia card to slap in it.

Mr.Fenestron

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Aug 23, 2017
The specs for the ASROCK 8th Gen Z370 ITX board are available, the board can be viewed on the main ASROCK website
https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming-ITXac/index.us.asp

Calyos case ordered... now we play the waiting game.... ($781 shipped)

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/09/28/intel-coffee-lake-cpu/

8700K $359 (was thought to cost $420 so good news for us.)

Just waiting for the last piece of the puzzle (CPU) to be released.

VERY heavily leaning towards the Dell UP3218K, NOT just because it's 8K but because it ticks "almost" all the boxes with very few cons. I would rather buy a 4K screen but I can't find any panels with similar quality.
Pro's: build quality, resolution, panel type, size, refresh rate, color reproduction.
cons: price, no G-sync

If anyone can find a comparable monitor that is at least 27" in 4K 16:9, that is NOT exactly 32" and preferably not an ACER (horrible quality control and customer service), I would really appreciate it :)

For those that care, all 4K 32" monitors use an internal board that handles the refresh cycles of those monitors. They all use the same board that has a defect that presents serious artifacts in the monitor.

Last edited:

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Ahah well done..:)

Calyos was not that expensive...i thought it was more...after be careful of customs taxes..:)

Eager to see full setup..:)