Enclosure Small mATX case, sli liquid cooled

Mr.Fenestron

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Aug 23, 2017
Well folks, after EXHAUSTIVE research, I can't find a single 4K G-Sync monitor that DOES NOT have the AUO M320QAN01.0 panel. I am going to make a new post in the main forums just so everyone knows. Anyway, It looks like I'll be going with the Dell UP3218K. I didn't want to have to shell out this much but you get what you pay for and I want true 10 bit (not 8bit FRC), excellent color reproduction, build quality, brightness, Panel quality, etc.
If anyone has an alternate display, please post it.

For reference I looked at: ASUS, Dell, Lenovo, Acer, NIC, AOC, EIZO, LG, Viewsonic, BenQ, MSI

Last edited:

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
I guess you have to remove g-sync from equation to get better quality panel..:)

For once, freesync or no sync support has better color quality support. Freesync is leaving more freedom on components than g-sync, that is pretty restrictive....but nvidia can't admit that, on this topic, amd has made better choice..:)

Mr.Fenestron

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Aug 23, 2017
It does suck that the folks at Nvidia are a bunch of money grubbers but really, this is not the fault of Nvidia, they merely supply the G-Sync board. This is the fault of the TECON panel. If there were an honest company, they should suspend all sales of all monitors containing that AUO panel until the issue is sorted out. The worst offender I've heard of is ACER who, up until just a few days ago, refused to acknowledge the issue. It's a shame when the best spec'ed hardware is crippled by the company with the worst quality control and most atrocious customer support :(

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
G sync or freesync are still optional.
Did you find a screen without gsync that has the panel you wanted?

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
G sync or freesync are still optional.
I wouldn't say that. If you regularly game, adaptive sync is really useful and a definite improvement. I'm missing FreeSync every day since I went from AMD to Nvidia GPU, I wouldn't consider a new screen without it. But for now I'm between a rock and a hard place as long as AMD can't come up with a competing product.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
I wouldn't say that. If you regularly game, adaptive sync is really useful and a definite improvement. I'm missing FreeSync every day since I went from AMD to Nvidia GPU, I wouldn't consider a new screen without it. But for now I'm between a rock and a hard place as long as AMD can't come up with a competing product.
Well, personally i prefer by far image quality (color accurancy, one of my favorite spec) over adaptive sync. My 4k screen is freesync...in fact i was happy with it while using my r9 290x or r9 nano...however, as i switched to gtx 1070, as a supposed temporary back up while waiting for supposed vega, i realised that v sync was completely fine for me.

What i hate with high refresh rate, it's fact brightness is increasing like hell, as coil whine from gpu...now i've made personal choice to stay at 60hz, v sync..:)

Ps : i found completely absurd all g sync monitor prices...and i wait for nvidia to adopt freesync...:)

Mr.Fenestron

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Aug 23, 2017
Nvidia adopting freesync will never happen, lol. I am trying to make the decision of either buying a poor quality Gsync monitor that has glitches (all gsync monitors do, every - single - one), or buying a monitor with excellent color reproduction and I'm really leaning toward the latter. Does anyone know of an excellent professional grade true 10-bit IPS 4K monitor that is good for gaming?

EDIT
I have been researching for weeks and I've settled on a monitor. I'm going to go with the ASUS ProArt PA329Q.
In-Depth Review: https://zonait.tv/in-depth-review-of-the-asus-proart-pa329q/

EDIT 2
In a previous statement I said Coffee Lake had a release date of 8 Oct. Allow me to correct that. The release date for Intel 8th Gen (Coffee Lake) is 5 Oct

Intel i7 8700K - $360 - Release 5 Oct
Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac - $? - 5 Oct

EDIT 3
Idk about you folks, but I'm going to end up breaking my F5 key by the days end waiting for newegg to make these parts available, haha

Last edited:

Mr.Fenestron

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Aug 23, 2017
Got an I7 7800K but so far, I haven't seen the AsRock fatal1ty z370 gaming-itx/ac . I've only seen it's lower end brother. I know ASUS has an ITX out too but the RAM I bought is not on the QVL. I've got about 35min, then I'll call AsRock sales and see whats going on.

The lower end AsRock ITX does not have as good onboard sound, the lightning port is 1/2 speed, and the wifi chip is not as good (plus no bundled antenna).

(Sigh) just 1 puzzle piece left...

Reactions: AleksandarK

Mr.Fenestron

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Aug 23, 2017
Update. Newegg only had 54 i7-8700K's. What the literal f***! So even though I woke up at 2:30AM (11:30 NewEgg time), hit refresh every 15 seconds, I still missed my chance. My 8700K is on back order (15-20 days). If you look now though, they are completely sold out.

Hey folks, incase you were wondering; the AsRock Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac did not launch today. It will launch Oct 11th.

Edit:
Newegg will make the board available to us regular folk 13th/14th at noon. Keep an eye out.

Edit 2:
The board is available now:
https://m.newegg.com/products/N82E16813157794
I bought the Asus board instead. It has the same audio chip with more features but the biggest selling point is it has a second M.2. Just waiting on the CPU...

Last edited:

Mr.Fenestron

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Aug 23, 2017
Most of the parts are here. In December I will receive both my Dan Case and my Calyose case. Everything is going in a cheap fractal case for the time being, then it will all live in the Calyose until I need to go on mil deployments, then I will transfer everything into the Dan for the next 12-18months.
The parts still missing are my complete helicopter flight control setup. I am building a replica UH-1H cockpit for DCS Huey.

I will post another picture once it is all up and running; another in December when everything is in the Calyose and another when I finish building the cockpit.

http://ibb.co/e63zqm

(can't figure out how to embed the image)

Parts List
GPU: Titan XP
CPU: i7 7800K
Heatsink: Cryorig C7
MoBo: Asus ROG Strix Z370-I Gaming
RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 4000
SSD: Samsung 960 Pro 2TB
SSD2: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB
HDD: Seagate Momentus XT 500GB
PSU: BeQuiet Dark Power Pro 1200W
OS(s): Windows 7 Pro & Windows 10 Pro
Monitor: Asus PA329Q
VR: Oculus Rift
Case1: Fractal Design Focus G
Case2: Calyos NSG-S0
Case3: Dan A4-SFX v2
Headset: Sennheiser Game One
7.1 Amp: Sennheiser GSX 1000
Mouse: Razer Naga Epic Chroma
Pad: Razer Sphex v2

Last edited:

Mr.Fenestron

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Aug 23, 2017
Idk if anyone is still following this thread. Im thinking of picking up the Be Quiet! 600W SFX-L for the Dan v2. Anyone have it?